C.C.SPEEDWAY,INC.

wow, what next????????

Sorry CCS but STS is starting to look like a better place to race. I set my week up to just to race on Saturday,,,, now there's no racing....I have some friends that race dirt right now and I'm the butt of all jokes because of where I race at & its getting old. I wish this was not the case

Things may not be going the way some had hoped, but please refrain from bashing.

Thanks.

Nick

NICK with all respect for CCS I do not mean to bash any track But when all I live for is racing its hard not to vent how I feel,,,,,,,,,remember I race vw bug so I'm always working on it just to get it ready for Saturday,,, then Saturday never comes. its a big let down in more ways then one, racing its a way of life, you lose sleep,,you lose lots of money if your not GB..so I have a lot invested in this sport an Saturdays is my pay off for my work all week.

I know the feeling well, bugin2race95. I have been directly involved for many years and always feel disappointed when I don't get my racing fix... But, we really aren't helping the situation any when we run down a track or track owner.

Nick

from 7 or 8 thunders to 10 to 12 .in three nights of racen ..that means drivers want to believe in the new owners ..i got excited enough aswell as the two drivers .and a third .when cc was sold ..not that we were not trying for the yocums ..they sold it before we made it ..but at present .the dirt is looking better ... you know i like to say whats on my mind .right or wrong ..mostly im wrong ..and i hope im wrong aboult this situation at cc ..im starting to go the other way aboult all this ..i didnt like the way lalo was handled last week ..but i am lalo's friend ..so i wont count in a vote ..but the way one of our drivers were talk to from the flagman .bothers me more . that will come out in the drivers meeting ..everyone is getting frustrated .thats exspected at present times ...i still back the new owners and rick . how long who knows . i just hope they get thier act together soon ..be honest with what drivers they have ..pay off the 4 th .. and get this track going ..they dont have much more time ... this is not a bash ..

I was surprised and confused as to what Carol's purpose was to starting this thread in the first place.

Rookie 49,

Do you have anything positive to contibute to any situation? I have seen a lot of your posts and I can not remember anything positive. All I remember is a lot of "I do not have a dog in this fight" type of statements followed by negative stuff. I will not get into an argument with you but maybe you need to consider if any of your posts are actually helping anything to do with racing. I had a professor in college that told us it is easy for everybody to sit back and tell us what is wrong with every situation. The sucessful people are the ones that find solutions to the probelms and sucessfully implement them. Maybe you should start working on that end of racing.

I was surprised and confused as to what Carol's purpose was to starting this thread in the first place.

Rookie 49,

Do you have anything positive to contibute to any situation? I have seen a lot of your posts and I can not remember anything positive. All I remember is a lot of "I do not have a dog in this fight" type of statements followed by negative stuff. I will not get into an argument with you but maybe you need to consider if any of your posts are actually helping anything to do with racing. I had a professor in college that told us it is easy for everybody to sit back and tell us what is wrong with every situation. The sucessful people are the ones that find solutions to the probelms and sucessfully implement them. Maybe you should start working on that end of racing.

Gee James,

I personally think that I have been somewhat restrained given the shenanigans that seem to continue to take place. Its not my place to put positive spin on this train wreck. And if and when I'mproven wrong, I'll be the first to step up and say so. But lets see if that dog hunts first. Why don't you call me sometime and I will tell you more. If people who do not pay their racers are taken to task for it, well I consider that positive. A lot of what I have stated about these situations are what many people have brought to me, but maybe I'm in a better position to articulate it. As to whether I contribute anything positive to any situation, well I don't have to come on this website to know the answer to that and to those on this site that really know me, I don't think I have to defend whether I contribute positively.

PS-I had a professor in college too. He couldn't make a living with his theories about what everyone else should be doing so he decided to teach at a college. :lol:

kind of seems like these new owners are taking everyone for a ride. the people i feel bad for is debbie and rick. if they are taking everyone for a ride and then split, debbie and rick are the ones most affected. hopefully this whole non payment fiasco is a huge misunderstanding and will soon be over with, that way they can start trying to rebuild the trust they lost thru it all. the thing that is kind of strange is that in the beginning they (shelma and james) were on here on almost every thread with some kind of communication about building this track, buying that track, sponsoring this, big race that, now that the whole non payment thing happened they havent been around as much. i dont know either one of them, so i cant bash them and this isnt intended as a bash toward them. for the racers this is a hobby, an expensive one but still a hobby, for rick and debbie it is a job and they are the ones most hurt if these folks are in fact taking everyone for a ride. jmo

I believe Shelma has been on here twice to apologize for the missing check saga and others have said that they have been paid for the past two races. And she has told several people that she's working on the problem.

This saga will continue, I'm sure, until the pay for the August 4th event is finally resolved.

Nick

ive met deb and like her alot .she is a sweet lady ..works hard .great attitude not like some of us ...rick ive really injoyed talking with him ..he seems to be easy going . but tough ... he has taken the time to come and visit with us ..he answer's question 's in a kind manner . and he loves to eat ..lol ..so i would not holed anything against them .. they are between a rock and hard ground .. ..they have a tough job ahead of them ..just hope they get the support they deserve ..

I would like to clear something up. The issue with the beer license is a decision that was made after we had some discussion with TABC. The way the license is worded and the type of license that it is will only allow for ONE person to be in control of the alchohol sales, and being that my Dad holds the license that that would make him the one in control, which means buying, stocking, maintaining and so forth, which that would be impossible for him to do. By the law, this was the best thing to do.

When we mad the deal on the track we thought we had all the t's crossed and the i's dotted, but it appears that we did not, and I hope that this ends it here because no one is trying to pull anything over on anyone this is a case of trying to get some things accomplished in a short amount of time.

I appoligize for any confusion and I look forward to moving on to the great things to come to CC Speedway in the future.

PS-I had a professor in college too. He couldn't make a living with his theories about what everyone else should be doing so he decided to teach at a college. :lol:

Rookie 49,

So you are saying being a politician is more prestigious than being a college professor. Now that is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would like to clear something up. The issue with the beer license is a decision that was made after we had some discussion with TABC. The way the license is worded and the type of license that it is will only allow for ONE person to be in control of the alchohol sales, and being that my Dad holds the license that that would make him the one in control, which means buying, stocking, maintaining and so forth, which that would be impossible for him to do. By the law, this was the best thing to do.

When we mad the deal on the track we thought we had all the t's crossed and the i's dotted, but it appears that we did not, and I hope that this ends it here because no one is trying to pull anything over on anyone this is a case of trying to get some things accomplished in a short amount of time.

I appoligize for any confusion and I look forward to moving on to the great things to come to CC Speedway in the future.

Thanks for clearing this matter up.

Unfortunately, there are some on here whose lives are so shallow, that they feel they must degrade others to make themselves look better.

I'm not saying there aren't some things that need to be ironed out, just not on every damn thread on the forum.

GROW UP!!

If I have offended anyone, too bad. I really don't care...

Have a nice day...

Rosie

Rosie,

If you'll notice, it's pretty much the same few that get on here and stir the pot. Most of our regular readers pretty much know who's stirring and why their stirring.

Are there problems at any and every race track and/or racing series at one time or another? Of course. And those problems - I usually call them issues - need to be brought up and addressed. But the constant harping by the same few individuals gets old after a while, right?

Nick

I agree with you Nick, if they really have a problem, instead of posting on this forum and starting all this chaos. You all need to contact the owners directly and ask them. Starting this bashing is getting old, and for one, some drivers are curious of others not even trying to get the track in order.

Have a nice day,

Matt

I agree with mat ,nick,and rosie.I am just wanting good racing to watch.I come on this forum for info on any future events,track opening,etc.Anything positive for us race fans to look forward to.All I see are about twenty people posting negative thoughts on here.I know I could just refrain from reading this forum but where else can I go for the info?I have been holding back from posting on here because it is so hard to keep from retaliating against the ignorance that I see.I will say,though,that some of you on here are becoming experts at shedding a negative light on South Texas asphalt racing without it getting edited as bashing.Try to use that written expertise to pump up this sport that we all love,and if we get the same result,at least we can say we tried.

I agree with mat ,nick,and rosie.I am just wanting good racing to watch.I come on this forum for info on any future events,track opening,etc.Anything positive for us race fans to look forward to.All I see are about twenty people posting negative thoughts on here.I know I could just refrain from reading this forum but where else can I go for the info?I have been holding back from posting on here because it is so hard to keep from retaliating against the ignorance that I see.I will say,though,that some of you on here are becoming experts at shedding a negative light on South Texas asphalt racing without it getting edited as bashing.Try to use that written expertise to pump up this sport that we all love,and if we get the same result,at least we can say we tried.

At least there still is asphalt racing in South Texas. Wish we could say the same for North Texas.

Archived