Pit passes

Pink Posse Fan,

I assume you are referring to me since you copied and pasted my quote. Read it again because I never mentioned your kid's or any kid's behavior.

Everybody thinks lower prices are a good idea. Bigger purses are a good idea but let's be realistic and keep the track open. A pit pass is more expensive than gate admission because of the added insurance cost. The insurance for the pits is more expensive than the insurance for the stands. That is why general admission is free on play days but you still have to buy a pit pass on play days. Why would you discount a child when they are being covered by the same insurance and are at least as much if not more liability than an adult? I am not talking about liability caused from their lack of behavior. I am talking about liability when a case goes to court and the jury feels bad for the child because of their injuries when they would not feel as bad if an adult had the same injuries.

As far as your children, I did not ever mention your children or their behavior. Behavior has nothing to do with what I am talking about. My concern is their safety. If it is dangerous to take them in all the time or some of the time then it is dangerous to take them in one time. That is why my children watch from the stands. That is just my preference and I am not saying anybody is wrong for taking their children in the pits. My children understand they are not allowed in the pits during the races just like they understand they are not allowed to drink an AZUL with me after the races when they are allowed in the pits.

Sprintsrule,

Let me say, I should have just added a reply and not used your quote. It was not intended to be the only reason for reply. All of a sudden, behavior became the issue. If you attend any track regularly, you know that kids are a part of the scene and will continue to be so. If a track doesn't want the liability of children, then you put an age limit on admittance. And I did ask if there was currently a rule in place. I have yet to see a track that won't take our money for a child or an adult.

Additionally, I am inclined to side with Racer26 that I am not about to leave my kids for someone to walk off with.

I do not blame you for not wanting to leave your children alone in the stands. I would not do that either. My wife stays with mine. If she is unable to attend and I need to take the kids, I pay the way for a couple of friends to watch the races and the children. The kids are happy because they get to watch the races. The friends are happy because they get in free. The track is happy because they get two more paid spectators. I am happy because I get to race. :D

Archived