What types of food do the fans want at the concession stands. Let us know and we will work on getting what is most popular. I for one, would love to see the jalepeno chicken that they used to have at SAS. Great food. :P

Classic staples of Consessions everywhere:

Corndogs

HotDogs

Popcorn

Good Chopped BBQ Sandwhich like stated above

Suasage on a stick or in a wrap is good idea

Fajitas are always a south texas favorite :)

Basicaly anything on a stick or in a tortitia <----(I know spelling is bad) or bun.... LoL

Oh and a must is a very very good BEER Garden to go with it... LoL LOL

I second the Gatorade/Powerade suggestion, and suggest tea and/or lemonade also. I am referring to lemonade bought by the gallon, not that canned swill (the same goes for tea).

There is nothing worse tasting than a concession-stand soft drink, not to mention how bad it is for your health.

By the way, this is a great question! What a concept - asking the customers what they like!! :):)

Put the concession stand right behind the bleachers so when you get a southerly breeze you smell the hamburgers,BBQ or frito pie and want some like at Cowtown Speedway.

I can almost guarantee it will be like that when you arrive for your first visit. :D

How about some plate specials... Like Chicken Fried Steaks or BBQ , Fajitas, Sausage ect... with some sides... That way ya dont have to stop and eat on the way to the track... I remember Rick talking about doing something like that in the past at the tracks he worked in the past... I would recommend to add some roasted corn in there from time to time... And on cold days some chili is good... Might try to find a way to get some icecream out there as well if you can keep it from melting lol...

Marc

all u need is bbq, ...

Many kids don't care for BBQ, so hamburgers and hot dogs are a necessity.

I like just about all the food items that have been mentioned so far, but I don't know if the concession stand is big enough to handle them all!! Tough choices...

I would have to agree with the drifting smell theory. also popcorn is cheap, easy and fast. do like the movie theaters do make it good and salty so it keeps everybody good and thirsty. I like alot of the food suggestions and agree you have to slim down to a few choices of QUALITY food. Please have the soft drink COLD before the pits open, dont wait until you get there to put them on ice. Water and gatorade I would think should be a must in southtexas heat. I also put in a vote for pepsi

Archived