Races Friday CANCELLED!

We have the unfortunate task of informing all that racing tomorrow is canceled.We have worked very hard this week to be ready,but the flash flooding last night and continued rain today as I'm typing,all the prep work done so far is a washout.We will continue to work at the track everyday to do as much as we can to be ready for next week,as we DO plan to race next weekend and we will talk to the drivers to see how many of the rain canceled races we can make up in the coming months.We will post more info as we progress,including the new Texas Dirt Raceway website.Also check the Business section of today's San Antonio paper for an interesting article on the race track and Shelma. Any questions please call us at 210-218-7655

I know that Shelma, James and Rick (along with others) have worked overtime to get the track ready for their debut on Friday and you guys must be very disappointed. We're all disappointed too...

But, Shelma let me in on a little secret about their big 4th of July plans (OK, maybe not actually on Wednesday which is the 4th)... Stay tuned!

Nick

can anyone hear this?? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!!! stupid rain gods.

I heard ya in Corpus, so we started doing the rain dance here. Hate it for ya'll. I know a lot of effort is going to into the track. Many of us from Corpus are looking to make the trip now and look forward to racing at another quality facilty!

Dang! All of that weed-eating that we did at the track will probably have to be redone next week after all of the rain. At least the weeds won't be so high, and maybe the snake and fire ant threats won't be as big! We tackled some rough stuff this week -- and the new owners aren't scared to get their hands dirty.

I know I'm disappointed about be inducted into the dirt racing world this week. I was really looking forward to the sound of race cars again . . . see y'all next week, I hope.

when the weed eater is taller than deb, this is good, more swing and cutting for your side stroke, lol,lol love ya Deb. :D

well hell those pics of the track is just right ,lookes packable, Greg no need to come down, this would be considered TACKY, no water truck tho, go fast tacky track, lol,lol but they are saying more R,R,R,R, word in the forcast good move on shelma for no need to travel an hour for nothing.

when the weed eater is taller than deb, this is good, more swing and cutting for your side stroke, lol,lol love ya Deb.

I can't believe some of ya'll would stoop so LOW as to make fun of Deb's height, or lack thereof.

For your information, Deb is able to overcome her vertically challenged state with a special line of tools.

Here is an example, her weed eater.........

post-21-1183174331_thumb.jpg

About the package lable that says "3+" ,

that refers to height, correct?

Actually, Bobby, That is dual purpose;

In the case of my friend Deb, it is height.

As for Brad, it is age. Another couple months, and he can use it.

Just think how easy it was to spot any crawling creatures being so low to the ground - there is an advantage to being short. And, Tom, I'd pick you about your age, but I can't remember which one of us is older! LOL

And, Brad, I know where to find you!

That was a good one Txtom, short toys for short people. and Brad i'd watch out if i was you, your closer and she just might take all her frustrations out on you. Watch your back or should i say Knee caps, LOL

Rick

Archived