Judy Parks

Chevy2Much

Anyone heard from her?

Jimmy last i heard she was living in south austin out by the old brown jug but that was 10 years ago doesnt do much of anything anymore got remarried to some biker i last seen her about 8 or 9 years ago i think my mom talks to her every once in a while i dont think many people remember her though obviously. she hasnt done any racing since the mid 80s when prentice built her the blue car

Edited by RockStan

I remember Judy Parks in the blue 44 Super Stock. She could hold her own pretty well against the guys.

Didn't she reside in Smithville, TX @ the time?

The first I saw of her was maybe around 84 @ Speed O Rama, she had another car before the got the camaro. Seem to recall her making the trips to TWS as well to run those Super Stock races.

yeah rodney for a while they had the chevelle that phillip cook took over the wall in 3 before that it was the turd brown gto with a gold #4 then they had bought one of my dads old camaros(i think). it was painted like pettys car but #44 was a sweat lookin car from a distance then they had the pretty red nova #45 with shiny silver lettering then they went to the blue nova with the yosimite sam on the hood yes she was living in smithville at the time married to prentice parks he still lives there next door to timmy brown of sweeneys performance automotive i talk to timmy and prentice all the time went by there a few weeks ago when i first got home for r&r and they were all doin pretty good

i have numerous photos at my house papa but i wont be back till maybe september at the earliest if so i will try to dig them out and have someone post them for me i have all but the red and silver car but i no timmy has some good pics of it too

Well just signed on a new house monday so it is not looking good for my racing much anytime soon since i am gonna be here paying for it also trying to buy another shop right now for a pure race shop if that goes threw it would be good then i will have 6 shops and a home garage and as for being careful i will have to have a bomb fall directly ontop of me cause when i was home they put a whole bunch of t walls up for protection witch is pretty kool but it took all the scenery away witch sux cause my new base is built inside an actual oasis and was pretty kool to look at but it is much safer this way cant wait to get home to start racing full time again or well errr uhhh well just cant wait to start racing again and thanx for your concern

• 1 year later...
  • 12 years later...
19 hours ago, Wthesnakelady said:

Judy Parks is my mother. What would u like to know?

Back then my mother was married to Prentice Parks and together they built a total of 4 racecars in two different classes in a span of about 9 years.

Do you happen to have any pictures of those race cars - and perhaps a shot or two of your mother?

On 2/21/2022 at 10:34 PM, Wthesnakelady said:

Mother quit driving racecars in 1986. And she and Prentice would separate and eventually divorce in 1992. 

On 2/22/2022 at 6:25 PM, NickHolt said:

Do you happen to have any pictures of those race cars - and perhaps a shot or two of your mother?

On 6/26/2007 at 3:59 PM, RodneyRodriguez said:

I remember Judy Parks in the blue 44 Super Stock. She could hold her own pretty well against the guys.

Didn't she reside in Smithville, TX @ the time?

The first I saw of her was maybe around 84 @ Speed O Rama, she had another car before the got the camaro. Seem to recall her making the trips to TWS as well to run those Super Stock races.

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

FB_IMG_1617609600423.jpg

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

11 hours ago, Wthesnakelady said:

Ist pic is my other Judy Parks and her 2nd car at the speed o rama in Austin tx.

The second photo is of Judy Parks and daughter Wanda.

3rd photo is mother's 3rd car the 45 car.

4th photo is Judy and her mom franky

Thanks, Wanda!  Very important piece of Texas Racing history you have shared with us.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2009 at 8:25 AM, Rick Frank said:

Was she married to Don Parks?

Nope not don parks. She was married to Prentice Parks from Smithville tx for 15yrs . They were divorced in 1992 or 93. Prentice died April 2021 I believe. Mother(Judy) now married to Joe JOESEPH for 24 yrs. She's retired from Austin energy and lives with her husband in Lytton Springs,Tx. 

Edited by Wthesnakelady