Bill White

Chevy2Much

Where's Bill White?

Chevy,

Follow this search link, and it will take you to threads that mention Bill White.

He has been the center of many a history discussion here.

Bill White

There are several articles and pictures about Bill scattered throughout those threads.

As for Bill himself, he still runs his shop at the corner of Hwy 36 and Hwy 95 East of Temple. He is still in great shape at about 82 years old, and can be seen at races that his sons Paul and Keith race.

He loves to hear from his fans, and always has a story and a firm handshake. If you see him at a race, don't be afraid to walk up to him and introduce yourself. That goes for Paul and Keith, also.

I have known Bill over 30 years, and he is one of my favorite people to talk to.

Keith primarily races at Heart of Texas in Elm Mott (North Waco) on Fridays, and Killeen Saturdays. You will find him in both a Sport Modified, and a regular Modified.

Paul races about anywhere, and still runs the USAC Silver Crown circuit. He also makes a few starts with the USMTS Modifieds. Other than the Silver Crown, it is hard to pin down a specific schedule for Paul.

Thanks for the tip. I always liked Bill too. Nice man.

Paul is currently working with a guy that runs a powercoat paint shop on 933 (Golson Rd) just north of Waco. For more info to get in touch with Paul just call my best friend Greg Wade @ China Spring lube and service (China Spring Hwy across from the Chicken bussiness 254-863-1534 cslube@sbcglobal.net)

PS. If your a racing fan and need tires, lube, shocks, battery, brakes or a front end alinement, I would encourge you to pay him a visit. Not only will you get great service but intresting racing news and tid bits all in one. He also sponsered Paul for this years Chilli Bowl, and is the reason I am racing fan and on this forum today. I have tried to get him to regester, but he says he has nothing to add or say. Nothing could be futher from the truth!

Blessing, Kenny

• 5 months later...

Saw him the last regular race night at H.O.T, he was there watching Keith race. Had a good time talking about different stuff.

Still a really great person to talk to, as is his wife.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone walk up to Bill and not get a firm handshake and a friendly hello, usually followed by a story.

He is aware of this forum and the attention he gets on it, and he is appreciative that folks still talk about him. While he says he doesn't know enough about a computer to turn one on, His wife does, and she shows him pics and comments.

Thanks Tom, please keep us up to date on Bill. He is one of my favorite people, not just as a race car driver but as a person. I'm a little younger than Bill and I know he wouldn't remember me, but hopefully one day I can get to Temple and look him up.

• 2 months later...

I wish I could find some pics of his old car. At that time I think he was the 1st person in Waco to run 00. Best I can recall from the stories it was a black Dodge sedan. Later he had a modified but I can't remember the color or number. I'll have to pick his brain for some info. His name is Sherbert Eppes

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw him at Cowtown in February to watch Paul race both a midget and a modified.

My Dad and I are planning to be at Cowtown tomorrow night, and If Bill is there, I'll get yall caught up on what he is doing.

• 6 months later...
Anybody talked to Bill lately? I still haven't been able to get up there to see him.

I call Bill this morning and spent about an hour talking about old times. He's doing good considering he will soon be 85. He had a knee replaced and that showed him down a little but he still goes to the races to watch his boys. He went to HOT just last night to watch Keith.

I have met Mr White several times and I consider a true honor to know the man. His boys arent too bad behind the wheel either.

Yep, Acorns don't fall far from the tree.........................................

• 1 month later...

Archived