RICK RAPP?

FIREBALL1

Every now and then he shows up at a track helping someone with their set up.

I've tried every way I know how to get Rick to become a tech official. No dice. He says he can eat lunch with nearly every racer he knows and doesn't want that to change... LOL

Nick

Rick Rapp won 7 of 11 TIDA-LM races in 1989. Here is the list

1989 - 11 TIDA-LM races:

Larry Schild------------------ April 1, Twin Cities Speedway/Odessa -- 76 laps

Rick Rapp-------------------- April 22, Longhorn Speedway/Austin -- 50 laps

Rick Rapp-------------------- May 13, San Antonio International Speedway -- 35 laps

Rick Rapp-------------------- May 27, Corpus Christi Speedway -- 50 laps

Rick Rapp-------------------- Jun 24, San Antonio International Speedway -- 33 laps

Rick Rapp-------------------- July 1, Longhorn Speedway/Austin -- 100 laps

Larry Schild------------------ July 15, Twin Cities Speedway/Odessa -- 75 laps

Rick Rapp-------------------- July 29, San Antonio International Speedway -- 35 laps

John Kelly-------------------- August 12, Corpus Christi Speedway -- 100 laps

Rick Rapp-------------------- September 2, San Antonio International Speedway -- 103 laps

Larry Schild------------------ October 15, Corpus Christi Speedway -- 125 laps

As you can assume, Rick won the TIDA-LM Championship in it's second year of racing during 1989.

Neil Upchurch

Former President, TIDA-LM (1988-1997)

Texas International Drivers Association

RAPP WAS THE REASON I GOT INTO HANDS ON RACEN . TOOK MY WIFE OUT TO CC IN 1983 . SHE HAD NEVER BEEN BEFORE .WELL LOW AND BEHOLD SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH A PURPLE CAR RICK HAD .. AND WAS HOOKED ..THE REST IS HISTORY .. THANKS RICK ....LOL .

Saw Rick saturday at the Corpus car show presented by the "Motorhead Show" from KEYS AM 1440 Radio show.

He restored an antique car and won 3rd prize for it. Told me, "I just brought it out here, didn't even know I was entered!"

Rick's a winner without even trying!

Rick looks to be doing very well, also saw Bill & Linda Boeker, they're look to be doing mighty fine also.

Mel Krauss

• 6 months later...
Saw Rick saturday at the Corpus car show presented by the "Motorhead Show" from KEYS AM 1440 Radio show.

He restored an antique car and won 3rd prize for it. Told me, "I just brought it out here, didn't even know I was entered!"

Rick's a winner without even trying!

Rick looks to be doing very well, also saw Bill & Linda Boeker, they're look to be doing mighty fine also.

Mel Krauss

:D Rick is still around the Corpus Christi area. When I asked about him the other night, someone told me that he just had a tripple bypass. They said he wasn't feeling well and went to the doctor, ad before he knew it, he was under the knife. At home and doing well from what I hear, and the surgery was about the 1st week of October 2007. :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (back home in CC) :ph34r:

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Every now and then he shows up at a track helping someone with their set up. I've tried every way I know how to get Rick to become a tech official. No dice. He says he can eat lunch with nearly every racer he knows and doesn't want that to change... LOL Nick

WOW Nick that kind of sums it up i would take it as then must be alot of racers finding gray areas in rules ( racing )that if he would be afraid to tech some may not eat lunch with him no more...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I SEE RICK EVERY MONTH OF THE YEAR HE COMES TO MY AUCTIONS IN ODEM TEXAS EVER MONTH TO BUY SOMETHING IN THE AUCTION!!! HE BUILT A RAT ROD TRUCK WHICH IS PRETTY COOL LOOKING. I`LL LET HIM KNOW THAT HE`S BEEN ASKED ABOUT AND SEE IF I CAN GET HIM TO GET ON HERE OR EVEN COME TO CTS FOR A RACE ONE NIGHT. HE ONE GREAT GUY AND WILL DO FOR ANYONE!!!

Archived