CC Racers

hotstock74

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these weekends I'll go through the thousands of pics I have from CC Speedway from the 80s and 90s, locals and touring series and most I took as a kid/early teen. Growing up a block away from the Carluccis I have had the racing blood injected since birth. Kaminsky lived in the neighborhood at one time and some others. GB I have a picture of one of the Outlaw Minis I assume is an Evans since it was black and yellow 46 and I have one of a red and orange car forget the number but I thought they were dirt late models or what the super stocks look like now. Anyways we have several pics of Monte Nichols, Slick, Rick, Bruce Sanders, and John Kelly b/c back then the coolest thing in the world was going to their cars after the races and getting to sit in one. Don't see that too much anymore, that and candy giveaways or characters like Elmer Jean throwing bubble gum.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Thats not why he crashed! He went into a turn after takeoff and did not have enough air speed ,so down it went! A local firefighter named Butch Malek was also killed! Sonny was a promoter, you know what i mean? But he would help you anytime you were short ! same as Frank Hoch. Sonny would listen to the racers, even if he did not like what you had to say! He always said racers were a bunch of prima donnas,he was right on. He paid well! When i raced for him I did not agree with the prima donna thing! But 23 years later he had a point!Its what can you do me these days ,it should be what can I do for racing! I miss him.

I went to school with sonny's boy william brown. Sonny was a great guy he took me to my first T.R.O.C. in 1980 we took an old motorhome he had and stayed in the infield, back then they had wet t-shirt and beer chuggin contest at night and william and i had a blast watchin those guys and girls. I was 14 lol

One of these weekends I'll go through the thousands of pics I have from CC Speedway from the 80s and 90s, locals and touring series and most I took as a kid/early teen. Growing up a block away from the Carluccis I have had the racing blood injected since birth. Kaminsky lived in the neighborhood at one time and some others. GB I have a picture of one of the Outlaw Minis I assume is an Evans since it was black and yellow 46 and I have one of a red and orange car forget the number but I thought they were dirt late models or what the super stocks look like now. Anyways we have several pics of Monte Nichols, Slick, Rick, Bruce Sanders, and John Kelly b/c back then the coolest thing in the world was going to their cars after the races and getting to sit in one. Don't see that too much anymore, that and candy giveaways or characters like Elmer Jean throwing bubble gum.

Anybody have a picture of the car Rick Rapp drove with mickey Mouse on the roof.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You want a good riverside story, well here you go. When we all went to the dirt all of us ran our asphalt cars. we were lost, but we thought we were fast! Sonny Brown was a pretty sharp promotor, he liked to bring in a name. So about the third week he brought in Tom Williams from schertz, Texas, that was a legit BIG DOG. Tom was in a 70 chevelle and when practice came he run that car high up the bank wide open! the way they used water the track open big valve and drive around the top ,all the water would right to the bottom. So the bottom was a mudhole! The races started and Tom flew low at the top and the heat easily. he was looking like a sure sweep winner. Well a young asphalt driver figured out that if you tippitoed the mud at the bottom just stay hooked then floored on the straights you would go a shorter distance! Well he smoked the field including Sonnys hired star . he stunk up the show! I hate to admit he thought of it before me! His name Law Mikulencakmajek!

The Law was once young and an asphalt racer?

You want a good riverside story, well here you go. When we all went to the dirt all of us ran our asphalt cars. we were lost, but we thought we were fast! Sonny Brown was a pretty sharp promotor, he liked to bring in a name. So about the third week he brought in Tom Williams from schertz, Texas, that was a legit BIG DOG. Tom was in a 70 chevelle and when practice came he run that car high up the bank wide open! the way they used water the track open big valve and drive around the top ,all the water would right to the bottom. So the bottom was a mudhole! The races started and Tom flew low at the top and the heat easily. he was looking like a sure sweep winner. Well a young asphalt driver figured out that if you tippitoed the mud at the bottom just stay hooked then floored on the straights you would go a shorter distance! Well he smoked the field including Sonnys hired star . he stunk up the show! I hate to admit he thought of it before me! His name Law Mikulencakmajek!

The Law was once young and an asphalt racer?

yep and won many a race .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First Picture I think is Joey Heineman and possibly Mike McCain, second row both Chuck Barber I think, third row you got me, first one looks like a dirt late model, then the 18 is John Kaminski.

Second Picture Larry Smith and I don't know that 98, Bruce Sanders maybe? Second row Greg Carlucci and Kendal Laughlin, the 3 car I don't know. Third row, maybe James Mikulencak in both, not sure.

Third Picture John Witzche and I believe Scott or John Sullivan, Johnny White then the original dwarf car John Kobbus maybe and I'm not sure who's in the 5 Mini Stock, Carlucci Sr and Carlucci Jr

And of course the last one was Tommy Temple