Preliminary expected drivers for 4-13 Blizzard

Snowball

There are 3 Super Latemodel races that some of these drivers will be running at Birmingham, Nashville and Hickory, so as always, this list will change a little as the race draws closer.

1.Joey Senter

2.Steven Davis

3.Dave Mader

4.Shaun McWhirtor

5.Jeremy Pate

6.Jr Niedecken

7.Chris Davidson

8.Roger Reuse

9. Donnie Wilson

10.David Hole

11.Donald Long

12.Jason Young

13.T Wade Welch

14.Fain Skinner

15.Stanley Smith

16.Augie Grill

17.Grant Enfinger

18.Keith Thorpe

19.Ron McDonald

20.Eddie Craig

21.Ryan Crane

22.Eddie Mercer

23.Scott Carlson

24.Josh Hamner

25.Tim Martin

26. Matt Merrell

27.Bubba Pollard

28.Cecil Chunn

29.Ken McFarland

30.Justin Drawdy

31. Heath Hindman

32.Hunter Robbins

33.Andy Pugh

34.Jessie Reid

35.William Wambles

36.Ron Joyner

37.Doug Thorpe Jr

38.Casey Smith

39.Jeff Choquette

40.Billy McGhinnis

41.Nathan Davis

42.Bill Little

Good Chance:

43.Dwayne Buggay

44.Allen karnes

45.Wes Loyd

46.Chris Bowers

47.John Webb

48.Dusty Tutten

49.Tim Fryer

50.Ted Musgrave jr

51.Brandon Sager

52.Allen Gordon

53.Ryan Sieg

Maybe:

54.Adam Crawford

56.Steve Hall car(#30 car that Mader drove last year)

T. Wade Welch is already on the list, and I don't know how I missed Casy Smith. He is running with us as well. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Casey should be a contender for the Blizzard championship this year! I have modified the list to include Casey.

I have not been spoken to Bendele yet. I don't know what his plans are for this year involving Super Latemodels.

Is every space filled up? No, but when you look from the pits, the stands look packed. Now, the Snowball Derby is a whole different ballgame! We actually bring in around 4,000 extra seats for that race, and last year was a sellout as far as reserved seats go.

The Snowball Derby on Sunday last December looked to me to be the largest crowd I have ever seen at Five Flags Speedway. I sat in the temp bletchers over in turn 2 and I did not see an empty seat in any of the temps seats..............There is no doubt that the Snowball Derby is the greatest short track asphalt race in America. For you good race fans out in Texas if you have never been to a Derby at Five Flags then you ought to make plans to be there this December. It reminds me of a NASCAR Cup race with all of the big RV's parked all around the parking lot and across the street. It is really a great racing atmosphere the entire four days of the Derby.

I second that motion. If anyone wants to see a true racing atmosphere they need to go to the race just once. I have been going now for the last four years. Ever since the Bryant's have taken it over it has grown. This is the only race throughout the year that my father wants to go to. Anyone who knows him, knows that he speaks of this race at least once a week if not more.

Its not only the race its the people that come to it as well as the management. You will always get a fair shake. In some of todays higher end sports its typically the money that rules, but the Tech staff continues to keep things fair. I get chills everytime I pull into the grounds because I consider it my Daytona 500.

Nick,

I have heard great things about the Oxford 250. That area up there really supports racing, and I believe that they actually draw more fans than the Derby. Having said that though, the Snowball draws a wider variety of racers from different divisions, where the 250 draws mainly from the North East region. if it wasn't so far, I'd like to check out the 250 one time. The only thing is that it is no longer a SuperLatemodel race. It is more of a latemodel sportsman race beginning this year.

I'm not sure why they did this. The race had around 80 cars last year, but I read on the Maine racing boards that they changed it for this year. There is a series up there called ACT. I'm not sure exactly what type of car they are, but I'm hearing they are expecting over 100 cars for it this year. I know alot of the Super Latemodel fans up there were pretty P.O'd about it.

Archived