THR USAC midget race date

The original THR schedule showed Wednesday, April 11, as the USAC date. At some point it must have been changed.

Nick

ON EDIT:

Apparently this change is quite recent. The USAC website just announced the date change on their website within the past couple of days and the ASA Racing website still shows the April 11th date.

Unfortunately, Texas Speed Zone did not receive notification of the date change so the TXSZ showed the April 11th date until I updated the THR schedule earlier today.

Sorry if this has caused any confusion. It was certainly not the intention of Texas Speed Zone to deceive anyone regarding the correct date.

Nick

Nick-

Why in the world would anyone think you or TXSZ would intentionally use a wrong date? You're right, the original intended date was April 11, but Full Throttle is dealing with national racing organizations which in turn have to deal with a WHOLE LOTTA folks...

What's cool is that the USAC date is also a Toyota Challenge race.

Geez, I thought it was the 11th. Now I'm confused. I'd kinda like to go. So, which is it the 7th or the 11th?

Also, I've still got my ticket for Sunday's race last fall that got rained out. Can I use it to get in, or do I have to buy another ticket?

What's a Toyota Challenge Race? Do I need to be concerned?

The race was tentatively scheduled last December for April 11th, hence the reason for THR having it on their schedule as such. Full Throttle never issued an official release to anyone b/c from the beginning we knew that with certain Sprint car schedules that the official date of our race might be different. USAC and Full Throttle agreed on Monday that the Official date would be Sat. April 7th, which we are pleased about. Many factors went into this, not the least being that many of the Midget teams have to be at a Sprint car race on April 13th and having the Texas race 2 days before would have proved difficult for the many teams that are running for points in both the Midget & Sprint car championships.

I do want to point out that we never left anyone out or did not inform anyone about a change because we had not ever issued an official date to begin with...and I believe THR's schedule has always stated tentative. The only official statement so far was issued on Thursday (and TXSZ has it posted) about Toyotas involvement and it clearly states April 7th.

Budman, we are looking forward to having you back out on the 7th. You are always great to talk to and a true supporter of short track racing. In regards to your question about your ticket from the rainout on the Sunday event last year, you'll have to check with Star Tickets. We posted on the event website last October that refunds were being given by Star Tickets. We never received any proceeds for that event as ticket companies all hold the money for 5 business days after an event. My personal opinion is that you have probably waited too long...that was nearly six months ago, but maybe they will do something for you. About the 'Toyota Challenge', read the release on the front page for details. It's something neat for the teams and we (Full Throttle) are honored that the Texas Midget race was selected as the first of only three races to have that this year.

There will be more announcements coming soon.

Thanks for clearing that up Tavo. I look forward to seeing and talking with you at BOTH events. :)

I guess all that refund stuff happened when I was "out of the loop", with my PC in a box last fall. Oh well.

Hey, on the TexasRaceFest website I couldn't help but notice ................ Is Terry Labonte really going to be at the Nascar West race at THR? As a "special guest" or something?

Archived