Turner Motorsports Takes Two Top-10’s at Pro Cup

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(704) 455-2051, amy@dsportsgroup.com

Turner Motorsports Takes Two Top-10’s at Lakeland

Two Rookies Impress in Pro Cup Opener at USA International Speedway

Concord, NC (March 13, 2007) – When the USAR Hooters Pro Cup Series opened up their season at USA International Speedway (FL) on Saturday, the rookies outshined the veterans, compromising seven out of the top ten positions. Two of those rookies who were running up front were the Turner Motorsports drivers Gary Helton and James Buescher.

James Buescher got the day, and the 2007 Pro Cup series, started out right for the Turner team by posting the eighth quickest time in qualifying. Helton wasn’t too far back, as he started the race from the 18th spot.

“We actually did really good for our first time out,” said Helton. “James qualified up front; we were just a little bit behind him. Everything went really well for the whole weekend.

“When we started, I had a goal just to finish in the top 10 with it being the first race. We were trying to take care of everything and keep the fenders on it and just not get in any accidents. It sort of worked out that way for us last night.”

Once the race was underway, both Turner cars moved toward the front. And once they got there, that is where they stayed…for the most part. A miscommunication occurred during one of the pit stops, and Helton was sent to the back of the field. He was able to work his way back up to the seventh position, which is where he finished the race. Buescher finished right behind him in the eighth spot after staying up front all night long.

“We definitely did what we went there to do,” said Buescher. “Our goals for the weekend were to finish the race and finish in the top 10, and we wounded up eighth. We had a really good weekend.”

In 2006 Buescher took home the 2006 ASA Late Model South Championship, and neither he nor Helton left any doubt after Saturday’s event that they are well on their way to being contenders in this year’s point battle.

“This is definitely a competitive series, but we are still right up there with the competition,” added Buescher. “I got hung out one time near the end of the race and got freight-trained back. If that hadn’t of happened, I think we would have ended up with a top-five. The whole weekend was just about getting the experience, but it was a lot of fun. Both cars were really good, and I am looking forward to both of us being up front all season long.”

The USAR Hooters Pro Cup Series will be back in action on March 31st at South Georgia Motorsports Park .

For more information on Turner Motorsports, contact Amy Hayes at (704) 455–2051 and be sure to visit www.turnermotorsportsllc.com.

Photo Courtsey of Turner Motorspors

post-3-1173810620_thumb.jpg

Archived