Texas Thunder Speeway season opener set

Season opener set for Texas Thunder Speedway

For immediate release

Contact Pat Wilson 254-290-6262

pwilson1@hot.rr.com

http://www.texasthunder.com

By Bill “Sarge” Masom

Killeen, Tx

Dodge Country, the best place in Texas to by a new or used Dodge, Chrysler, or Jeep, is set to help open the best place to race in Texas, the always exciting Texas Thunder Speedway.

The ¼ mile dirt speedway in Killeen, Tx is kicking off it's 2007 season this Saturday, March 10th. Area fans are eagerly awaiting this event, as there will be both a host of new cars and new drivers to watch.

Pat Wilson, the promoter of Texas Thunder Speedway has been working hard preparing the track for this opening night. “What an exciting season this is going to be”, Wilson said. “Many drivers will have new cars, and there will be familiar drivers in new classes”.

With racing getting under way this weekend, fans can see racing every Saturday night though September 22nd, with only one exception, September 8th, when we go dark in support of the I. M. C. A. Super Nationals in Boone, Ia.

Promoter Pat Wilson would like to remind everyone that mufflers are required on all cars in all classes. The I. M. C. A. classes must have the I. M. C. A. approved mufflers.

No muffler means an automatic disqualification. There is no grace period in effect for mufflers. No muffler, no money or points.

Gates open at 6:00 PM and racing starts at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $10 for Adults, $3 for kids 6-12 and kids under 6 are free. Season passes are available as well.

Fans now have the ability to purchase their tickets online with a credit card. Just go to the Texas Thunder Speedway web site, and click on the “Buy and Print Tickets” button. Also you can use your Visa or Master Card in the tracks souvenir and concession stands.

For all track information, weather, directions, and to purchase your tickets, go to http://www.texasthunder.com.

Texas Thunder Speedway is a 1/4 mile semi-banked oval dirt track. Races Every Saturday Night March through September! With Six SUPER EXCITING classes of cars to entertain the entire family.

Featured classes include; Dodge Country IMCA Modifieds, Corbin & Associates, Attys I. M. C. A. Stock Cars, Danny's Transmissions I. M. C. A. SportMods, Cloe Bay Honda Street Stocks, Cottman Transmissions Teen Mini Stocks, & Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters. Special Events designed especially for the kids as well as Powder Puff Races, and our all time crowd pleaser, the Demolition Derby.

Come join the fun, at Texas Thunder Speedway! We will sell you the whole seat, but you will only need the edge!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway PR/Media

Archived