Are you ready for the ASA LMS race at San Antonio Speedway?

debwill

The Quality Pre-Owned 2nd Annual Alamo 200 ASA Late Model Series Challenge Race presented by Express Lube is right around the corner, and we hope you're ready for this big season opener at San Antonio Speedway.

Just to get you ready for this event, here's a brief timeline for the next few days:

Thursday, March 1

10:30 a.m. - WOAI-TV celebrity race between Shelly Miles and Cyber Bob - segment will air on Friday's SA Living Show

2:00 p.m. - Press Conference

3:00 p.m. - Pit gates open for rig unloading

7:00 p.m. - Fajita/Margarita Welcome Party for ASA teams and officials

Friday, March 2

12:00 p.m. - Pit gates open for ASA teams

1:00 p.m. - Pit gates open for SAS and TPS teams

5:00 p.m. - Practice starts

6:00 p.m. - Live remote broadcast by The Outlaw 92.5 for Free Friday Happy Hour

Saturday, March 3

10:30 a.m. - Pit gate opens

12:30 p.m. - Practice begins

4:00 p.m. - Grandstand gates open

4:00 p.m. - Qualifying begins

5:45 p.m. - ASA Autograph Session

6:50 p.m. - Opening Ceremonies

7:00 p.m. - Races begin

The weather looks promising, and we hope we have a good crowd for this monumental event!

Yes, I'm looking forward to a more competitive ASA-LM Challenge series race compared to last year's event. That race left some unanswered questions.....

Jake Ryan dominated practice, time trials, and won the race.

Post-race inspected indicated some problems. He was able to utilize a rear gear ratio that was significantly different from all the other competitors on the post-race tech pad.

The win was allowed to stand.

Subsequently, Jake Ryan's engine rebuilder was removed from the ASALM list of certified crate rebuilders.

Then Jake Ryan quit the ASA-LM series.

Big you know your car is still in peices... LoL LoL You been procastinating too long this offseason.... :) :) j/k
jody can afford to .knight .all he has to do is put the peices back on that came off ..easy .your car well . thats a nother story we will have toget back to later .lol hey i will have that flex with me if i have it in stock ..

Now that is a mighty fine question.... give it a min or two, and someone will post some kind of link for you to go to to get the easiest directions I am sure...

oldracer....

Other routes .........

Take I-37 from Corpus Christi.

Turn left on loop 1604, proceed west.

Turn right on Highway 16.

About 8 miles later, San Antonio Speedway will be on your left. (Exert caution when turning left and crossing Hwy 16 into the track parking lot.

You could also log onto the various map services. The tracks address is:

14901 State Highway 16 South

San Antonio, TX 78264

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Jody Wayne,

We will probably have the ticket booth at the pit gate open until about 7:30P or so. If it's closed when you arrive, just come to the office on the grandstand side to purchase a pit pass. We will be opening the pit gate periodically throughout the evening between practice sessions. Of course, to make things a bit easier, it would be a good idea to arrive before practice starts at 5:00 p.m.

I'm sorry we took so long to respond . . . been quite busy the past few days and not watching TSZ as much as usual.

Here's a picture from last night's ASA Fajita Welcome Party.

And now on to Day 2 of this exciting season opener. We hope to see a lot of fans tonight at the Free Friday Happy Hour. Be sure to bring your coats and blankets. We will have limited concessions available on the grandstand side, including beer and soft drinks.

post-29-1172845722_thumb.jpg

Since I'm not much of a beer drinker, I can't speak personally . . . but, I understand if you drink enough beer, it insulates you. LOL

I'll mention the coffee to our concesssion vendor. It's up to them since we only requested a limited menu tonight - don't know how many people will show up for the Free Friday Happy Hour.

Archived