Minor release forms for SAS

Deb or anyone at SAS,

I know last year, parents had to sign a waiver for their kids to get into the pit area. It had to be signed by BOTH parents and have a witness sign it also.

I found this link on the SAS website in the driver's area for the 2006 form: http://www.sanantoniospeedway.com/Rulesand...r%20Release.pdf

Last year, I think we had printed and signed it (including a witness signature) and brought it with us to the first race to save time at the pit window.

Will that process work for you this year as well, or does it need to be signed in the presence of the SAS staff?

Also, since the link is for 2006, will there be an updated form, or can we use that form for 2007 also?

I know that this will be helpful information for all parents planning on bringing their children with them into the pits at this first race!!

I don't have a clue what the policy is. Sorry.

You might want to get the information from Rick or Debbie directly since I know they probably don't spend much time on here with the season starting in a few days.

Nick

You might want to get the information from Rick or Debbie directly since I know they probably don't spend much time on here with the .

Nick

Nick - One of the reasons I posted this question here rather than call them directly, is I know I am not the only parent who brings their children with them into the pits. If every person who was bringing their children called, Rick and Debbie would be inundated with calls and not have time to concentrate on the details of the upcoming race or the starting of the season in a few days. If half of those folks were to see the answer here, it would answer the same question so many people have. So instead of having everyone with that question call and ask, only the ones who do not read this board have to call. Information like the schedules and the line-ups are posted on this board to disseminate the information to a wide audience. Aren't these boards just great!! :D

You might want to get the information from Rick or Debbie directly since I know they probably don't spend much time on here with the .

Nick

Nick - One of the reasons I posted this question here rather than call them directly, is I know I am not the only parent who brings their children with them into the pits. If every person who was bringing their children called, Rick and Debbie would be inundated with calls and not have time to concentrate on the details of the upcoming race or the starting of the season in a few days. If half of those folks were to see the answer here, it would answer the same question so many people have. So instead of having everyone with that question call and ask, only the ones who do not read this board have to call. Information like the schedules and the line-ups are posted on this board to disseminate the information to a wide audience. Aren't these boards just great!! :D

I totally agree, Lloyd. That is one of the primary reasons I work so hard to keep TXSZ current and clean.

But since I don't have the answer to your question, why don't you call the people who would know the answer and then post the answer here on TXSZ for all of us?

Nick

Lloyd,

I'm sorry I've taken so long to reply to your questions. Nick is right - we're really busy getting ready for this weekend, but we still want to make sure we answer all questions.

Yes, the minor release form and policy are still the same as last year. We have the same insurance company and policy that we used with the NASCAR sanction.

Here's a brief description of the policy on minors:

Minor Ages 2-12 Pit Admission - $20 - Minors will be allowed in pit area. Both parents (guardians) will need to sign a Minor Release Form for minors (ages 17 and under) in the presence of SAS/USRA staff. If both parents cannot sign the form at the track, it may be signed and notorized in advance.

For a blank release form, please click on this link:

San Antonio Speedway Minor Release Form

And you're right - we will keep the authorized form on file for future races at SAS during the 2007 season.

Lloyd - please give me a call regarding your sponsor t-shirts.

Yeah my stepdad was wondering becuase he wanted us to have my duaghter in the pits with us, and I thought she was too young, but I was just proven wrong.. :) :)

He will be happy to know she can be down there with us, and my little boy too for that matter... :) :) I know that will make my wife happy.... LoL LOL LOL LOL

Thanks Deb - I know you all have been really busy, and I didn't want you to have to stop and answer a lot of calls on this question. Plus a lot of folks may not have even thought about it, may not be bringing the other parent, but will have their child with them. That could be a real issue if they drove a great distant, like from Corpus or Dallas, and did not have a form signed and notarized in advance... Just trying to help my fellow parents who may not have thought about this until Saturday Morning at the track. ;)

We all really appreciate the information. :D

BTW - I will call you late this afternoon regarding the shirts... :D

deb i have a question it says kids 2-12 its $20.00 to get in the pits so how much for kids 13-17

maybe neil can answer this question im bringing my two sons one is 13 and the other is 15 is it going to cost 30 dollars for each kid

Hey CRT - I believe that is a correct answer. The reduced price is for children up to 12, then the adult price after that. At least that is how the stands and other attractions like Sea World, Disneyland, Fiesta Texas handle it. I could be wrong though...

BTW - Good luck on Saturday!! ;) (and remember - have fun!!) :D

Wow, never was aware of needing both parents signatures. I have taken my son with myself in the pits for the last couple of years and only had my signature. Is this a new one or has it always been that way?

Dang lawyers, anyway...

Suppose a kid gets ends up in the hospital (or worse, heaven forbid) after getting run over in the pits. Dad signed the kid in, but Mom, who shares legal custody of the kid, didn't sign a thing. Now Mom gets a phone call in the middle of the night that her kid is in the hospital (or worse, heaven forbid once again). You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure who's going to seek legal advice.

And, quite frankly, she'd likely win in court. The track may be only partly liable in this case, but partial liability could end up closing the track.

Is it a pain in the butt to have to get all legally responsible adults to sign the minor release? Of course it is. Unfortunately, it's a price we pay for living in our lawsuit-happy day and age.

Nick

Dang lawyers, anyway...

Suppose a kid gets ends up in the hospital (or worse, heaven forbid) after getting run over in the pits. Dad signed the kid in, but Mom, who shares legal custody of the kid, didn't sign a thing. Now Mom gets a phone call in the middle of the night that her kid is in the hospital (or worse, heaven forbid once again). You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure who's going to seek legal advice.

And, quite frankly, she'd likely win in court. The track may be only partly liable in this case, but partial liability could end up closing the track.

Is it a pain in the butt to have to get all legally responsible adults to sign the minor release? Of course it is. Unfortunately, it's a price we pay for living in our lawsuit-happy day and age.

Nick

I understand all the legal aspects of it all, just was wondering due to the fact that i have always just signed the form myself only due to his mother not really being a fan and wanting to go into the pits all day.

Also, a friend of mine will be taken his son into the pits, but he is the only legal guardian of the child (mother passed away), will he be given a hard time at the gate with having to prove this? :huh:

WELL KYLE HAS THAT SET UP WHERE YOU HAVE TO HAVE BOTH . NO PROBLEM I.LL GET HER DONE .PERSONALY I LIKE TO THANK THE TRACKS FOR LETTING YOUNG ONES IN ASWELL AS THE INSURANCE COMPANY . REMEMBER WHEN YOU COULDNT BRING THEM IN ..NOW ITS UP TO US TO DO WHATS NEEDED AND ASKED FOR .OTHER MOST IMPORTANT THING .WATCH YOU CHILDREN SO IT WONT EVER HAVE TO GO BACK THE WAY IT WAS ..

I am glad they can come in with us as well.... Will make race nights easier for my wife to handle since 1 kid or both can be with us in the pits and not driving her mad in the stands..... LOL LOL

She will be whole lot more understanding now on race nights and won't complain to me as much now... LoL

Archived