Good Racing Schools?

MisplacedCanadian

My father and i are thinking of getting into racing midgets and eventually sprints. He has a lot of racing mechanical experience, but I have no experience. I am itching to get behind the wheel and learn, but don't have $3500 to drop on racing school right now (Smiley Sutton in Dallas). Are there any racing schools that offer a less extensive introductory course for under $1500?? I live in north texas but I am more than willing to travel. Thanks

Jon

hard knocks.

buy a mini sprint , and just do it. save what you would have spent on school to go faster.

-your welcome

I agree with Horse - buy a car for a lower class and just do it. You could also consider getting a used ministock or a pure stock type car and just go out and learn. Run a year in that lower class, (and hard to believe I am saying this) but do not go out to win. The first few races, just get a feel for the car and the track. Next few races, try to get behind the good cars and just follow them. See how long you can stay there. They are fast for a reason, and it is not always because they spent a lot of money. See what lines they run and see how you do in those lines. Use that time to learn what adjustments you need to make to the car, your driving style, and how to adjust for the changes a track goes through in any given night. You will have the perfect spot to see how they pass. As your skill and confidence grow, start passing and racing harder the middle of the pack cars. Then the last part of the season, lay it on and see what you can really do. You haven't been running for points thus far, so you can shoot for the win, not worrying about points. Only recommendation here is try not to be a factor for those who are running for the points. Don't just move over, but try not to take out someone who has been working all season long on a championship run. After one year of this, you will have the principals needed to run, and I believe will have learned way more than you would at any driving school...JMHO! ;)

IM WITH HART AND CRAZY A DRIVEING SCHOOL CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO GET AROUND A TRACK AND A FEW OTHER THINGS .THEY ARE GOOD AT FINE TUNING WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW .BUT THEY CANT TEACH YOU SEAT TIME YOU CANT GET ENOUGH OF THAT AT A SCHOOL UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND ALOT OF MONEY .NOT SAYING A SCHOOL WONT HELP YOU .SOME OF US SHOULD PROBABLY NEED TO GO TO ONE FOR ADJUSTMENTS OURSELF.S .LOL.. THE BEST DRIVEN SCHOOL OUT THERE IS YOUR LOCAL TRACK . WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE YOU SHOULD CARY . LOCAL DRIVERS WILL HELP YOU WITH INFO THEY WILL TEACH YOU .EVEN IF YOU DONT ASK THEM AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER . SO TAKE THIER ADVICE AND GET YOU A LOWER LEVEL PER.SAY CAR AND GET AFTER IT .. SEAT TIME . ATTITUDE .THE WILLING TO LISTEN .. RESPECT FOR OTHER DRIVERS ON THE TRACK WITH YOU ... AND NATURAL SKILL AND ABUILITY . AND MOST OF ALL PATIENCE . WILL GET YOU THERE FASTER ..

Nothing better than hands on...go by a dwarf car and there is a club that races in your area. Visit www.lonestardwarfcarracing.com or you can come and run with us down here in South Texas. Texana Classic Dwarfs. We run hotter motors (injected) and Hoosiers and race at Edna, HRP, STS and Pleasanton tracks. Good Luck.

Donnie

My father and i are thinking of getting into racing midgets and eventually sprints. He has a lot of racing mechanical experience, but I have no experience. I am itching to get behind the wheel and learn, but don't have $3500 to drop on racing school right now (Smiley Sutton in Dallas). Are there any racing schools that offer a less extensive introductory course for under $1500?? I live in north texas but I am more than willing to travel. Thanks

Jon

www.emsaracing.com --- MINI SPRINT'S www.thedrivingschool.us

Doesn't Russel Moore or one the Houston Guys run a Driving School. I know Howard Willis has a Driving School sponsor from the Houston area. You might as k your question on elbowsup.com, they are more of a dirt oriented racing board.

YES IT'S THE www.thedrivingschool.us

Doesn't Russel Moore or one the Houston Guys run a Driving School. I know Howard Willis has a Driving School sponsor from the Houston area. You might as k your question on elbowsup.com, they are more of a dirt oriented racing board.

YES IT'S THE www.thedrivingschool.us

OR LOOK ON www.gatormotorplex.net

Archived