I might be moving to this area

1stLight707

Hello,

There is a very good chance that I may be moving to the SA area from North Texas and I have never been to San Antonio.

I have a couple of general questions. What tracks would you recommend? I have run dirt modifieds in the past. However, I currently have a metric SS that I will most likely bring with us.

Also are these areas ok for raising children, are racer friendly and within reasonable commuting time/distance to North SA:

Helotes

Boerne

Fair Oaks

LaVernia

Thank You for your response,

1stLight707

Two votes for La Vernia. It appears like you can get a good value for your dollar there.

We are flying out this week to look at a few homes.

Any recommendations on the dirt tracks? I think these look close:

South Texas Speedway

Tri-City Speedway

Hill Country Raceway.

I have 8 & 10 inch rims for the street dirt stock.

Thanks for the tips!

1stLight707

Boerne's not a bad area either.

If you're interested in going pavement racing you have the Barker brothers in the area.

If you still want dirt, Randy Yount lives out there and you're not to far from Chris Swenson's race shop in Comfort.

There's probably a few other people who's names escape me at the moment. Damned old age!!! :(

move on down to cc .you have ocean .sand .lakes . small town 350.000 ..me them and us ...two race tracks withend 4 .6 miles or so from each other . quarter mile asphault . quarter mile dirt ..both banked .i quess you can say the texas two step for sure ......hey i suppose there is no other city in texas or other close by states that can claim ownership of two short tracks ..

within reasonable commuting time/distance to North SA:

What part of North SA are you going to be commuting to? East side, West Side, right in the middle? SA's traffic is not bad at all compared to Dallas, or Houston, but can still play havoc with the nerves at certain hours. Close to a track is a good thing, but closer for the daily grind may be a better choice. A Saturday commute to a track can be much further when you are not exhausted from driving M-F going to work. Depending on where that is will depend on what area you should look at...

We just returned from looking at 15 or more places in a day and a half. My wife has an offer from an employer in NW SA so we concentrated our search there. We were shown properties primarily in Boerne, Bulverde, Helotes and a place or two a little North of 1604 and West of 281. There are several nice ones to choose from.

I'm not extremely particular, especially if the place a shop, but my wife keeps me in check on making sure the house is up to her standards. I guess its not hard to notice a lot rock on the land in the some of the areas we looked.

We did however made it out to La Vernia but it was after sunset so I couldnt tell much about the area. The house in La Vernia that we looked at wasn't bad and I liked the sandy soil. The return trip was 40 minutes or more with light traffic to where she would be working. So I'm not going to be able to sell her on going out too far East.

At this point I'm not positive that we are going to move in the SA direction but thank you for your kind replies.

Well good luck on what ever you choose. You are very correct about the solid bedrock in north SA. That is the area we are at. But atleast you know stuff is built on a solid foundation - no sinking :D !! There are some really good deals on houses in the 1604 & 281 area that are not too old (5-10 years). Go north of that (where it sounds like they showed you) and the prices start going up, but they are really nice homes, though.

Archived