TPS Starts 32nd Year

TPS Starts 32nd Year at San Antonio Speedway on March 3

San Antonio, Texas

The Texas Pro Sedans touring series starts their 12 race 2007 season with a race at San Antonio Speedway on Saturday night, March 3. The race will mark their 32nd consecutive season of four cylinder stock car racing in the southwest.

Texas Pro Sedans Series Race and Administrative Director, Neil Upchurch has announced that an official pre-entry list of 22 TPS drivers has been received, to date, for this event.

The Texas Pro Sedans race will consist of 2 laps of Qualifying Time Trials. The field of TPS drivers will attempt to break the TPS @ SAS qualifying record of 21.910 seconds which was set a year ago by Bryce Dishman in his, 2349cc equipped Ford Mustang- svo.

The March 3rd, 25 Lap TPS Feature Race will be run under TPS rules and procedures in which yellow flag laps are not scored. A green-white-checkered flag is required to officially finish a TPS race under full racing conditions.

Included in the entry list is are drivers and cars who have won the TPS Driver Championship seven times during the past 31 seasons of competition and one other significant driver:

Six time TPS Champion Bill LaBarge of Bryan has filed entry in his #27 BMW “Beamer” for the March 3rd TPS race at SAS. He won the TPS Championship in 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2003 and 2004. No other driver has dominated the TPS series championship as has Bill LaBarge.

Sergio Hexsel of Live Oak will again drive his familiar #20 VW Rabbit with a larger engine. He was the 2005 TPS Champion. During the 2006 season he won three TPS feature races and placed second in championship point standings last year.

Mike Knotts of Universal City, Texas was the first TPS Driver to file his entry for the March 3 race at SAS. He has competed in all but three of more than 600 TPS races in the past thirty-one years. Knotts is the only charter member driver remaining in the Texas Pro Sedans series.

A full program of ASA Late Model Series cars in the “Alamo 200”, SAS Sportsman and SAS Road Runner class racing will highlight the March 3rd, 2007 opening night race program at the San Antonio Speedway half mile, 19 degree high banked asphalt track.

For further information regarding this News Release, contact the TPS Office at 210/655-3222,

or by Email message to: neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

I ran a few laps with Sergio in my #24. His car looked awesome. As far as I know all TPS cars there had good runs. Didn't get to run with Ariel and only one session with the 85. First time on the track for me and it was a blast. I'm looking forward to Friday and Saturday.

Ya Adam we got everything done. Car was good. Didn't really push it so the setup is still from the previous driver. Car felt glued to the track but again I wasn't really pushing it. Just getting used to the different lines and finding the bumps. Friday I'll try and simulate qualifying runs a few times and then just get used to the track at night. Hows your car coming along?

I take it y'all got it all finished up? How's it running? (Btw, this is what was adam78....long story why I'm using a different profile).

Well let's hear it!!! :P

Well, when I was on speedzone before the big update, it logged me on automatically. I never used my password. After the update, it made me manually log in, and I forgot what the password was. I did the whole "forgot your password" thing, and it said I'd get an e-mail with my password. I tried it 3 times and never got an e-mail, so I decided to make a new file.

Ya Adam we got everything done. Car was good. Didn't really push it so the setup is still from the previous driver. Car felt glued to the track but again I wasn't really pushing it. Just getting used to the different lines and finding the bumps. Friday I'll try and simulate qualifying runs a few times and then just get used to the track at night. Hows your car coming along?

Last time I saw it Mike had those metal plates in the driver's door welded up and we were going to pull the engine out and tear it down and rebuild it, make sure there wasn't any issues with it, but we ran out of time. I want to go test at THR on Thursday, however I don't think Mike's back from his trip yet. He said something about not coming back until the day before the race. if he's back on Friday I'll see if we can go to SAS and practice with y'all and anyone else who's there. Need to get everything warmed up again.

Well, when I was on speedzone before the big update, it logged me on automatically. I never used my password. After the update, it made me manually log in, and I forgot what the password was. I did the whole "forgot your password" thing, and it said I'd get an e-mail with my password. I tried it 3 times and never got an e-mail, so I decided to make a new file.

Yes, you have identified a problem that has bugged TXSZ for quite some time. For whatever reason, the "we'll send you your password" function has never worked.

And to compound matters, I don't have access to people's passwords. Maybe there is a way I could break into the software, but, if there is, I don't know how.

But what I can do is to assign you a new password which you can change the first time you log in to TXSZ. But I can't do that unless I know you are having a password problem.

So, if you want your old screen name back, just email or PM me and tell me what your old screen name was and I'll assign you a new password for that account.

Nick

Archived