CRAFTMAN TRUCKS

RobbinsSr

Why is it ok to push the leader out of the way on a restart and not recieve any penalty?????

Last nights race..Ron Hornaday pushed Mark Martin out of the way on the restart and didnt recive any penalty. But Martin had to restart in the back after leading most of the race. Just another reason not to watch NASCAR. IF that was at any short track the leader would have recived his spot back and Honaday would have been sent to the back.

Nevermind Mark Martins Jackrabbit start, he would've done the samething to Hornaday. Mark Martin is a racer and he played a strategy, only it didn't work.

huh? jack rabbit starts? dude, what race were you watching? You dont dump the leader in any series. And, oh by the way, the leader sets the pace, even the restart.

That was a prime example of how Na$car has gotten away from its roots.

How many of us would of been put to the rear because of that?

when its time to race--you race. Sometimes playing restart games can get you in trouble.

a big YEP to that.

ever heard of the saying

its not who you know but who you ****

he would've done the samething to Hornaday
Obviously you don't know how Mark races. If he was one of "THOSE" type drivers, Have-a-wreck would have never made the finish line at Daytona!!

That just blows.....and then to cap it all off Martin's Post race interview had Technical difficulties... So we couldn't hear Mark talk the incident down to "A RACIN DEAL" Truly one of the Classist Racers on the Circuit,as well as MY Sentimental Favorite

AMEN. I'VE BEEN WATCHING HIM SINCE HE WAS A TEENAGER AND I CAN TELL YOU RIGHT NOW, IF THE POSITIONS HAD BEEN REVERSED AT DAYTONA, HARVICK WOULD HAVE HAD MARTIN IN THE WALL. THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT, NASCAR WOULD HAVE THROWN A YELLOW. BOTTOM LINE IS THAT HE WILL ALWAYS RUN THAT CLOSE TO THE WIN BECAUSE HE DOESN'T BELIEVE THERE IS ANY DEMOLITION DERBY IN A TRUE RACERS STRATEGY. THE OTHER GUYS DO. SEAN, I SEEM TO REMEMBER YOU BEING PRETTY UPSET ABOUT PEOPLE USING A BUMPER TO GET A WIN. RDurham, I'M SURE MARTIN'S "STRATEGY" DID NOT INCLUDE BEING PUNTED.USING YOUR BUMPER ON A RESTART IS NOT A STRATEGY, ITS DIRTY POOL.

and then hornaday plays like he didnt know what he was doing.......he had mark's rear end lifted off the ground, knowing that his tires would be spinning but not gripping until he backed off of him a little.......that was chicken shtuff, but you have to admire mark martin's take the high road attitude.......na$car is sure gonna suck when he finally does have enough of getting jerked around and call it quits..........

THats what I'm talking about. why doesnt nascar have an all involved rule or something simular. How many time has a second place runner won from dumping the leader. That would fly at the local short tracks.

That was a prime example of how Na$car has gotten away from its roots.

How many of us would of been put to the rear because of that?

why doesnt nascar have an all involved rule

TOO MANY CRYBABIES!!! :angry: Oh wait that's in...........never mind :o

I finally got to watch the replay......plain and simple, Mark got punted! Horny-day had plenty of room to change lines, instead he choose to run over(or in this case under) Mark. What a FATHEAD!!! and I ain't talking 'bout no wall stick-ons either. <_<

while the "restart" line is where the acceleration is supposed to begin, racing doesn't start 'till the start finish line. AND no passing low. as I remember it, Mark got spun BEFORE the start finish line.

NET: Mark got booted by a cheater and NA$CAR wouldn't do anything about it. BOO NA$CAR!!! Mark showed his class by NOT crying about it like most NA$CAR drivers would. the cheater tried to make it look like he wasn't in control...it was just racing luck - what a pile of _____!!!

but it makes me wonder what the call would have been if it had been the reigning cup champ that got booted??? maybe we'll get to see that sometime this year. nah, I'd rather see racing than wrecking - racing shows who's better and that's what it's all about.

What I am saying is, if mark spun his tires, whats his incentive to go low only to get passed high? If he got on and then spun the tires, hornaday might not have been able to react soon enough because hornaday was already close behind Mark. I'm not sticking up for the guy but I'm saying stuff happens some times. only two people who know were in those two trucks. The footage I saw looked like Mark acclerated for a split second and then something happened because his forward momentum stopped while hornaday closed on him.

I'm just saying its possible that Mark spun his tires or something else happened with the truck. But if i was leading a race, and something happened I know for a fact I wouldnt dodge down low so the guy behind me can legally pass me on the outside, especially when I know that as soon as my truck gets back underneath me I can kick his tail.

The footage I saw looked like Mark acclerated for a split second and then something happened because his forward momentum stopped while hornaday closed on him.

the eye can deceive.

Mark is a wily, experienced racer. He's had Hornaday on his bumper before and has experienced Hornaday restart many times. I believe he chose a plan that would be unexpected by Hornaday. And I think he was right. But it cost him because NA$CAR would not enforce their own rules.

What I think I saw was Mark accelerating s-l-o-w-l-y and Hornaday flooring it, then holding Mark's tires off the ground for almost a second. What I think you interpreted as acceleration by Mark was Hornaday trying to get separation in preparation for a slingshot. When Hornaday got under Mark it took him a second to realize what had happened. When he backed off and dropped Marks truck, Mark's tires spun and then Hornaday finsihed him off by driving Mark's rear to the right which sent him across the track, straight into the infield.

Whenever a driver spins the tires, the car usually lurches left, the driver corrects and the car turns back right. My first clue that Mark didn't spin his tires on restart was Mark's car never turned right...

Mark's restart, however, didn't take Skinner by surprise .. he held back and passed Hornaday before they got to the back straight. Hornaday is supposed to be the "Master of Restarts" .. but he flat blew it this time: he dumped the leader, lost a position and the race.

An old racer once said: "You have to go slow enough to win." This time Mark went too slow, Hornaday went too fast, and Skinner went just right. It sucks but that's what the record book will show.

Archived