Plano Driver takes on the high banks at San Antonio Speedway

For Immediate Release

San Antonio Speedway Vice President & Asst. Gen. Mgr.

(210) 648-7373 (office); (210) 685-0400 (cell)

debwill@sanantoniospeedway.com

Plano Driver takes on the high banks at San Antonio Speedway

San Antonio, TX (February 22, 2007) – Brent Seeley, an 18-year-old racer from Plano, Texas, will be competing against some of the best Late Model stock car drivers in the nation in the 2nd Annual Alamo 200 ASA Late Model Series (ASA LMS) Challenge race at San Antonio Speedway on March 3.

Seeley took some practice laps in his backup car yesterday – and he’s hoping he’s ready for the stiff competition from the other ASA LMS drivers on the half-mile, high-banked, asphalt oval.

“The car is handling well, even though the track is a bit rough,” commented Seeley. “But I’m turning in some good times. And I’ve been practicing in my backup car, so I’m sure that the car I’ll be racing in the Alamo 200 will be even faster.”

Before joining the ASA Late Model Series last year, Seeley raced stock cars in the Bandoleros, Legends, Pro Late Model and Super Late Model classes. Seeley has also picked up some experience at several different Texas asphalt racetracks – including Texas Motor Speedway, Houston Motorsports Park, Thunder Hill Raceway and San Antonio Speedway.

“I’ve been racing since I was ten year’s old – starting with the Bandoleros on the quarter-mile track at Texas Motor Speedway,” said Seeley. “I’ve picked up a quite a few wins along the way – including victories in four of the 14 Late Model races I’ve entered so far. And then, on the flip side, there’s also the bad accident I had in my first ASA Race at I-70 in Odessa, Missouri.”

Racing at San Antonio Speedway is not a new experience for Seeley. He competed in the ASA LMS Southern Division season finale Twin-75 race last October. Seeley started the first 75-lap race in 17th place and ended up in the 7th position.

“I passed more cars in that race than anyone else,” commented Seeley. “But my luck ran out in the second race. I was passing for the lead on the first lap, and I got taken out.”

Seeley recently graduated from Plano West High School in Plano, Texas, and he’s planning to run a full season for the ASA Late Model Series Challenge Division – racing at tracks all over the country.

Sponsors for Seeley’s #14 black Chevrolet Monte Carlo are Seeley Motorsports, Mighty Deer Feed and Red Line Synthetic Oils.

In addition to the ASA LMS Alamo 200, the agenda for the March 3 season opener at San Antonio Speedway (SAS) will also include the Texas Pro Sedans and the SAS Sportsman and Road Runner classes.

The grandstand gates open at 4:00 p.m. for the Alamo 200, and fans will be given the opportunity to meet Seeley and the other ASA LMS racers during an autograph session that begins at 5:45 p.m. The racing action gets started promptly at 7:00 p.m.

San Antonio Speedway is located at 14901 State Highway 16 South towards Poteet, just 3.5 miles outside Loop 410 and inside Loop 1604. Admission for the March 3 race is $25 for adults, $15 for senior citizens, military and spouse and students (with ID), and $5 for children 7-12. All of the Express Lube locations in San Antonio are offering coupons for a free child’s admission with the purchase of an adult admission. Children 6 and under are admitted free.

For more information, call the Speedway’s hotline at (210) 628-1499 or log onto their website at http://sanantoniospeedway.com. To find out more about the ASA Late Model Series, visit their website at http://asalatemodels.com.

-30-

Archived