THR Nascar race

TTR73

I saw two commercials on Ch. 29 - Fox SA - one for midgets, one not midgets

but neither commercial was for sas, both were for thr...........maybe fox broadcast the commercial for the wrong track in the wrong market..........either way it is good to see some local racing on tv during the races, that seems to be the best time to let them know about the local track, while they are watching the nascar race.........good work and keep it up...........

I'm probably sharing more information than I should, but here's part of the e-mail I received from my sales rep at FOX:

I had just assumed that everything ran and then I checked with our traffic department and they said in fact it did not. I was not here on Friday and my manager had sent a courrier company to pick up the tape and it did not get here in time so our traffic department pulled the spots. I am sorry this happened and I will be giving free FOX News First spots for the mix up.

And just how do I explain to the rep the importance of dropping an ad that was supposed to run during the Super Bowl of racing . . . sometimes it does get a bit frustrating. And that's the real story on the SAS ad.

It is real easy. You tell her to send Anthony Pittman (their sports guy) out to do a pre ASA race (Friday) assessment followed by a Sat. coverage of the race, then on his Sunday night show he hoops the whole thing up....

BTW, Anthony loves Guinness beer... :D

Anthony is a great guy, I've shared a few beers with him at a friends bar...

It is real easy. You tell her to send Anthony Pittman (their sports guy) out to do a pre ASA race (Friday)...

Maybe the week before the race, so people have time to make/alter plans? And have him show footage from another ASA race (or last year's SAS late models) so would-be fans can get an idea of what's going to be there?

It is real easy. You tell her to send Anthony Pittman (their sports guy) out to do a pre ASA race (Friday) assessment followed by a Sat. coverage of the race, then on his Sunday night show he hoops the whole thing up....

BTW, Anthony loves Guinness beer... :D

Anthony is a great guy, I've shared a few beers with him at a friends bar...

We have had Mr. Pittman out to the track on several occasions over the past two years. Both Debbie and I have established a good working relationship with him. However, sports reporters, such as Mr. Pittman, do not have final say over their schedule. The sports director decides where the reporters will or will not go.

We certainly have invited Mr. Pittman and the rest of the TV sports reporters to cover the upcoming ASA event as well as the rest of the 2007 racing events scheduled for SAS.

Nick

Yes, SAS does have ads scheduled for this weekend's NASCAR Nextel race, both pre-race and during the race. Let's hope they do get run this time.

Fox did quite a few stories for SAS last year, and you can bet we'll be calling on them again.

We're also running ads on WOAI-TV, starting tomorrow (I think) and running through Friday of next week.

Erin from SAS has been passing out flyers, posters and coupons all over town all week. And we showed the SAS car and gave out flyers and coupons at the AutoRama and Chamber of Commerce Economic Outlook Conference.

If we don't get a good crowd for the ASA race, it's not due to a lack of trying.

hey! i did my share of passing out flyers.... think i even got a paper cut, ok i know cry me a river... seriously, deb i know you guys have been working your (oops) off... as i mentioned in the previous, i dont have any answers and will do my part as i always do.... i just wish this thing would work... has anyone thought of offering some discount tickets to Toyota? yes i know free doesnt bring in money at the front gate, but word of mouth is our best advertising!

(Sidenote)

Pizza Hut is looking for "The reason you like Pizza Hut" videos. you can upload your video and they will choose a winner... i have a great idea, it involves the track and i think i have a professional camera person lined up... who do i talk with at the track(hint)? if we win, i would like to donate my share to Kevin's foundation....

Archived