NASCAR TALK

Hey Guys and Gals,

Show numero uno will be this Saturday Evening from 7-8 PM Central time on News-Talk 550 KTSA or 550 AM Here in South Texas. Not sure if the stream will be on or not, but you can try it at www.ktsa.com

We will talk Daytona and what's to come this race season,We will get a Daytona GARAGE UPDATE from one of my favorite Crew Chiefs in the Cup Series. Of course I will be my normal self and complain about certain drivers, but you can feel free to jump in and complain also or talk about whatever you want. Listen in, send me your comments here, or call in 210-599-5555 or 800-299-KTSA

THANKS For Your Support!!

TRACK SMACK...with Dawn Murphy

YOUR INSIDE TRACK TO EVERYTHING NASCAR

Go easy on me dirtworm, I was just plugging Dawns show. I would like a ton of drivers to call in next week. We all have comments about everything, we can talk about the 500. Dawn is really trying to show the powers that be at KTSA that NASCAR and auto racing in general IS a big thing in our area. We can support her by keeping those phone lines lit up.

Next week 6 to 7 pm

Hey Guys, thanks so much for the kind words! I am trying to show that racing has a history here in South Texas and people want to hear about it. I would love to have you guys call in or email me at dmurphy@bmpradio.com Once we get further into the season...(hopefully, like you I got to get sponsorship to stay), I would love to put a focus on our local tracks and drivers.

Hey Everyone,

OK well I found out today that not until March will the show time go to 6 PM. So for this Saturday once again the time will be at 7PM-8PM CST.

As always, please feel free to email questions or suggestions to dmurphy@bmpradio.com or call into the show at 210-599-5555 or 800-299-KTSA

Dawn,

You just said a mouthful. San Antonio in particular has a GREAT racing heritage all the way back into the 1930s. That's why you often see me posting material in the history section. Just trying to get the word out on here.

One of the big reasons I do this is that there are a lot of young drivers and fans out there today who I fear have never even heard of a lot of those great pioneers of our sport who raced in this region!

I agree Budman and I will be honest, I don't know a lot about our history here, but I am wanting and trying to learn, and have it brought out. On the show, I am just who I am...a crazy fan who has an outlet. I am trying to give others that outlet. Feel free to call in anytime!!!

As for Saturdays...I know it is not the best time for local racers and fans. For right now, it was the only time available to me, and it is being paired up with the Texas Motor Speedway show that we are have on air. Once we get into the season we will see how this develops. I am TOTALLY hip to doing a show live from out at the tracks and as always I would love for people to call in from out there. If we can make this successful, then we have more leverage for moving the time slot, but until then, this is where I am...Saturday Nights.

Archived