New Guy!

eduk8er

Okay everyone...here goes!

I'm new to this stuff. I've always drag raced and now I want a new challenge. I need some information because this is all new to me. Here are some things I want to know:

What is the entry fee for Grand Stock?

Do I have to have a specific license?

How much does it cost to build one?

Anybody selling one?

What's the difference between classes at other tracks? I've seen pure stock, bomber, grand stock, etc.?

What's a good car for this class?

What all has a 110 or more wheelbase?

How many cars are usually in grand stock?

Do you do a heat race and then a feature event?

Who is WILLING to teach me the ropes? I mean REALLY help me do this?

***Welding!!

***Setting up front end for circle track!!!

***Fuel!!!

***Alternator!!!

Who's willing to provide me lots of information?

my email is priceallen_2000@yahoo.com I would love as much info as possible

First of all eduk8er welcome to Texas Speedzone. If you're willing to do the research, there is loads of info on this very website.

What track are you planning on running? Dirt? Asphalt? Both?

The best thing you can do is go to the track on raceday, buy yourself a pit pass, walk around and introduce yourself and tell them what you're up to. I've never met anyone in those pits who would'nt be willing to help you out, answer questions and show you what you need to know, especially if your willing to jump in and help them out a little. There's always someone there who could use a little extra help. Show them you're willing to learn and they will certainly be willing to teach you. :)

See how new I am!!! I didn't even tell you guys where I plan to race. I live in San Antonio, TX and I plan to race at San Antonio Speedway off Highway 16. High banked (18 degree) asphalt track that is half mile long. Dont' know much more than that right now because I am in the beginning of this.

I do plan to get out there and walk around. I like the idea of offering help to someone. Maybe I can make a new friend. I also plan to take my digital camera. Hope most people don't mind some pictures! I figure that might help me with some of my questions.

Appreciate the info so far. Keep it coming.

randy knightblade needs help in finishing his car he lives in sa .good time to start ground work .plus do you know anything aboult cars besides how to start them up and drive . can you work with your hands and use tools .do you have friends who will get in there and help also .how old are you the more you tell the more we know the more you learn .all drivers and teams will help . depending on your attitude and so forth willingness to go that extra mile .for sence you are new you have a lot to learn .

now with that said dont listen to much of what that oldtimer says .lol

randy knightblade needs help in finishing his car he lives in sa .good time to start ground work

Thanks for the plug there Oldtimer... :)

Yes I do need help if you really want to see whats all involved... I am only a few steps beyond were your at now... :) I started out not knowing anything... LoL And for the most part still know very very little...

Alright guys get your shots ready I know they are comming.... :) :) :) :)

eduk8er,

We welcome you to come race with us in the Grand Stock class at San Antonio Speedway.

To find out more information about rules, registration, etc., please visit the SAS website's Driver Area at the following location:

San Antonio Speedway - Driver's Area

If you have any questions or need additional information about the rules, etc., please call Rick Day at 210-827-4524 or e-mail him at rick@sanantoniospeedway.com.

eduk8er,

Get your seat cover. It can take months to get that taken care of. :lol:

You'll have to get with blade to understand that one I imagine. :D

OMG that is soo soo soo wrong..... LoL LoL

I would tell you the whole story but it may take 6 months like it did for me to finally get that seat cover..... And whats really really sad I may have to sell that seat and get a bigger one unless I loose some weight now.... LoL LoL Its a bit tight with the cover on it..... :( :(

Thats what I get for quiting smoking, I eat too much now... LOL LOL LOL

YOU WANT IT TIGHT [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/12/07] .AS YOU SWEAT YOU WILL LOOSE WATER AND FIT IN IT BETTER , BUT THEN AGAIN ITS TAKEN YOU SOLONG ..BY THE TIME YOU GET THAT CAR READY WE WOULD HAVE ALL DIED AND MOVED ON .AND YOU WOULD BE ON A WALKING CANE . THE WAY YOU THINK I DONT KNOW IF I WOULD GET ON THE TRACK WITH YOU ........... :D:D:D:D ... COME TO THINK ABOULT IT WE .I WONT BE ON THE TRACK WITH YOU SO I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO BE AFRAID OF .

Haven't been on here in a few days. Got side tracked. Yes, I can work on a car or two. I'm no master mechanic but I can hold my own in most cases. I actually do all my mechanic work and adjustments on my drag car. Nothing fancy...run 12.0 at 116 MPH. It's run. SBC bored out TH350 4:56 gears. Pretty fun set-up. I don't mind learning. Whoever needs a little help on their car, let me know. I would be willing to come do grunt work or something just to get some knowledge....you know...pick your brain. I appreciate all the encouragement. Keep it coming. You never know when I'll finally show up with a car and be out there with you guys.

Archived