TPS practice

Oldtimer: FYI - Donnie Moore is switching car numbers to #10. He will drive George Merrell's other VW Scirocco/1628cc equipped with a tube frame.

Last season's TPS Championship #70 VW Scirocco/1690cc will be driven by George's son, Mike Merrell.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Well Mike, if the #70 car is still tuned in, then hopefully you should be up front and not have to worry about any traffic. Just keep it on the track and stay away from the walls. :P Just a thought, why not have practice against the #10 (Donnie) if the car is still ready?

Hey TPS - Here is a reminder:

San Antonio Speedway

Next Practice:

Pre-season Test and Tune sessions set for February 10 and 24, from Noon until dark.

$20 per person in pits. No charge for grandstands.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Last sat officials let same classes run together. I only saw 2 at a time.

We just waited for a turn and the gentlemen at the track waved me in.

Ran some laps then went in to give someone else a turn.

Did about 5 sessions with 5-8 laps per session.

Also first time in TPS car.

What an experience.

I hope to be able to fill the big a$$ pair of hand me down shoes!

I will be looking foreward to seeing all you guys soon.

Well Mike, if the #70 car is still tuned in, then hopefully you should be up front and not have to worry about any traffic. Just keep it on the track and stay away from the walls. :P Just a thought, why not have practice against the #10 (Donnie) if the car is still ready?

Dad, or George as some may know, and Donnie are hitting it hard to get # 10 available for practice and would practice with him , or follow him as he would say.

Car was tuned and ready

I will work on control of the car first to avoid incident with any of you guys , then maybe a wall or two, or three or four, then the speed will come.

Mike

I thought your Dad had the #10 already tuned and ready to go? Your best bet though, would be to follow the #10(donnie) around the track on the same line. But, most of all, just keep getting more seat time at SAS because as you know by now, when the green flag drops, it will be every man for themselves. ;)

Archived