Cars of the past

PAPA

I have started scanning some photos that I got from SAS some time back. I have over 100 in this box alone. I have two other boxes to go. Most of these photos have several other shots of the same car so I just took the ones that give a better view of the car. I will try to post several each day. You will notice that the photos are in numerical order (car number) I hope these bring back lots of good memories. Please let everyone know what you know about these cars. We all love good racing stories. OK.....Here goes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i recognize a few of them i think........

the orange 3 is my dad back before he moved it to the sportsman class and painted it black with a white 31.......he sold it, not sure where it ended up........

the white number 1 looks like oscar solis

the black 10 looks like the charger that russell story and scott jerkins used to race........

the red 11 is paul lozano before he sold it to beideger

the white 11 looks like tom grouthes........

a lot of great old pictures........thanks for posting them

i recognize a few of them i think........

the orange 3 is my dad back before he moved it to the sportsman class and painted it black with a white 31.......he sold it, not sure where it ended up........

the white number 1 looks like oscar solis

the black 10 looks like the charger that russell story and scott jerkins used to race........

the red 11 is paul lozano before he sold it to beideger

the white 11 looks like tom grouthes........

a lot of great old pictures........thanks for posting them

reb,

a few years back my brothers bought the old orange 3 car from dave martins shop, we had it at my shop for a while. it was the red 8 car that john and george drove in the sportsman when i had my nova, i think they just sold that car not too long ago to some dirt track guys.

The red n white 19 marcus bellino bought from Doug Forrest. Marcus had been out of racing for a good while, bought the car, knew nothing about it , had no practice at all in it, took second in the heat and first in the main event. he race it for a few more races then the throttle hung and totaled it in turn three. six weeks later he was out there in the black # 20 camaro winning races left n right

hey flyingaces

george bought that car from chris hansen and then chris and i turn around and bought the big yellow boat that george has just purchased.

i couldnt remember his name but thats who it was. chris won two races with that car the time he had it. but it was stored at martins place

yeah that was leland in the sweet 16.........that car was fast and hooked up.......how about audie howell in that blue 25 car........is that the last dodge late model that ran at sas........didnt he have to buy some high dollar intake to be able to run it.......it was also a fast car...........

that red and black #31 camaro, isnt that travis daugherty (sp?) from jarrell texas...........he was a nice guy, what is he up to now days.....

Archived