THR Announces Appointment of 2007 Marketing/PR Team

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Texas Motorsports Experience

Austin: (512) 413-8860

Houston: (281) 460-5322

micka@txmotorsportsexperience.com

DATE: Feb. 1, 2007

THR Announces Appointment of 2007 Marketing/PR Team

Thunder Hill Raceway promoter Mary Ann Naumann announced today the appointments of two key staff members who will bolster an expanded marketing and public relations program for the 2007 season which begins on March 31 with the Allstate Thunder & Lightning Racefest. Veteran track announcer and K-MAC Sports Productions co-owner Chuck Licata will serve THR as Marketing Assistant and Mick Anderson will assume some public relations duties and serve as the primary track announcer.

“We’re pleased to have both Chuck and Mick back on board with us for the 2007 season”, said THR and TSRS promoter Mary Ann Naumann. “Chuck’s K-MAC on-line broadcasting of THR’s events and his weekly KVET-AM ‘The Motorsports Zone’ have really been a major boost for THR and the central Texas auto racing community. We know he’ll bring the same kind of energy and professionalism to our expanded marketing and sales program. Right now he’s putting together collateral materials relative to group ticket sales, event & series sponsorship, suite rentals, and other advertising opportunities at THR. Businesses and individuals who want information should contact Chuck at (512) 417-9414 or chucklicata@hotmail.com.”

Houston Motorsports Park (HMP) track announcer Mick Anderson is no stranger to THR and the TSRS series. “I’ve been a big fan of THR since Brian Callaway and Jim Lynch opened the track in 1998” said Mick Anderson. “Brian and Jim were always good to me and I’ve worked off and on for them and Mary Ann over the years. I’ve done a lot of TSRS shows at HMP too. I’ve been doing this kind of work for over 34 years and I’ve never worked with a traveling series that did as much for drivers and fans as Mary Ann’s TSRS crew. I fully understand why her drivers and their crews are so loyal to the series.”

“I was honored when Mary Ann asked me to come on board as the primary track announcer because it made one of my dreams come true. I’ve always wanted to work at both tracks and thanks to the excellent cooperation in coordinating schedules between Mary Ann and Graham Baker at HMP I can now do that.

Chuck Licata and I have always worked well together and the fans, racers and staff at THR are fantastic! Besides doing the announcing, I plan to write a post race press release after every event and do some feature stories on some of the racers and sponsors.”

Upcoming THR events include the 3rd Annual JRA Swap Meet, Driver’s Meeting and free testing and drivers photos for the 07 program on Saturday February 10 and open testing dates on March 1, 3, 8, 10,15,17 and 22nd. To participate in the JRA Swap Meet please contact Aaron Brungot at (512) 750-4378 or www.JRAKidsClub.com

Archived