Clutch Prob

Ford27

I heard hydraulic clutches were a pain to bleed but come on!...OK Got the ol QM hydraulic release bearing, but I cant seem to get the pedal to tightin up enough to actually release the clutch...soon as ya start to push the pedal the bearing starts to move but the first few inches or travel are pretty loose....Anybody had this problem? anybody know how to fix it....cause I/m getting tired of bleeding the dang thing...;) thanks

shimming is the first hurdle.

after its shimmed, dont bleed it like your brakes, it wont work that way.

open the bleeder, push down the pedal, close the bleeder. Until you get solid fluid.

Once you do, the pedal will work first time. However, if its an aftermarket clutch master-cylinder you may need to check pedal travel. If the pedal goes to far the bearing will start to release... and then thats when im under there thinking i need to bleed it somemore... :D:D

TAKE A HOSE AND A BOTTLE OF FLUID AND STICK THE HOSE TO THE BLEEDER AND THEN INTO THE BOTTLE OPEN THE BLEEDER AND PUMP SLOWLY TO PUSH OUT THE AIR AND PULL FLUID BACK UP THE HOSE .THAT HAS HELPED ME A FEW TIMES .IF YOU CAN DO SO .WITH THAT SYSTEM .

There should only be an 1/8" gap between the bearing face and the pressure plate. After pumping a few times it will look tighter but eventually it will come back to the 1/8" gap. Don't get it to tight or it will wear down your clutch discs.

Archived