Track in Lewisville?

Khoneycutt

what I dug up,according to the City of Lewisville Developement Activity Report,Nov 10th 2006,Lewisville Motorspeedway,developer Charlie Turner,42.8 acres,site plan submitted 8/4/06.This info came off City of Lewisville website.

Kirby,

Marc has spoken to some of the "principals" on this deal. Evidently it is to be in a flood plain just east of I 35, "below" the elevated 121 roadway . For Tommy33--->this is just a little southeast of where Dallas Motor Speedway was.

Marc said that the main folks seemed to be Legends car racers. It was his opinion that they wanted to build a 3/8 paved oval.

Perhaps Marc can add to this. We worked on our cars today (Tuesday is my day off) and he didn't mention it. I don't recall him saying anything about it since last summer.

Jay

jracer,my parents lived in Lewisville for sevearl years a few blocks from the high school and my Aunt and Uncle owned a coat hanger factory in Denton and lived there for 4 decades,so I ran around that area up there till last year,now I just pass thru it.It's turned into fast food heavens and shopping centers.I always remember the timing tower at Dallas Motor Speedway,back when it was built,it was the only thing between Farmers Branch and Denton

It was a track ahead of its time.I know the Dallas International Speedway wasnt very good to Art Arfons in his jet powered cars back in the day.I remember one of his runs didnt turn out good for a passenger riding with him(a news reporter) and 2 track workers at the finish line(for ihra).

• 1 month later...
what I dug up,according to the City of Lewisville Developement Activity Report,Nov 10th 2006,Lewisville Motorspeedway,developer Charlie Turner,42.8 acres,site plan submitted 8/4/06.This info came off City of Lewisville website.

Any relation to the Charlie Turner of Turner Motorsports?

Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls has changed hands. I don't have much info on the schedule, etc but I understand that the modified rules remain unchanged.

The previous owner was Mike Cooper. It is my understanding that Mike had a phone conversation with some of the proposed Lewisville track folks. I don't know the subjects discussed.

For what it's worth.

Jay

just checked the Lewisville Development Activity Reports.The lastest updated one showing I found was Feb 19,2007 and it shows it on there,date plan was submitted,10/24/06,42.8 acres,L.N. Sparks Survey,Abstract No. 1214,Charlie Turner ph #972-720-8844.May check some forums in the DFW area and see if some of my friends up there now whats up on it or if a shovels been turned.

Archived