I.M.C.A.

thumper

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey oldtimer, until you bring a car, a paying fan or fans through the gate , or a crew through the pits, in my opinion, you dont have no say so on what the sts track does, has done or will do. stay over on the asphalt forum. dont get me wrong, we all appreciate your wisdom from the 50's, but we have moved on. the drivers meeting will be saturday at 2 oclock, if you have any plans on running the dirt , then come vote, reserve your spot, or whatever owen wants us to do. if not, go help paint the wall at the other track and put an extra coat on turn one, i seen ur mini stock set-ups. obviously sts had a really successful season because of all our cars, even after your track re-opened . so obviously owen has and is on the right track with rules and car count for all classes . i think i speak for many, when i say if the rules arent fair or economical, owen will be the first to correct it , not just talk about it. if you dont believe me, be there saturday at the meeting and prove me wrong. or do you have to work all day ,looking for a radiator cap for an air cooled mini stock.

hey oldtimer, until you bring a car, a paying fan or fans through the gate , or a crew through the pits, in my opinion, you dont have no say so on what the sts track does, has done or will do. stay over on the asphalt forum. dont get me wrong, we all appreciate your wisdom from the 50's, but we have moved on. the drivers meeting will be saturday at 2 oclock, if you have any plans on running the dirt , then come vote, reserve your spot, or whatever owen wants us to do. if not, go help paint the wall at the other track and put an extra coat on turn one, i seen ur mini stock set-ups. obviously sts had a really successful season because of all our cars, even after your track re-opened . so obviously owen has and is on the right track with rules and car count for all classes . i think i speak for many, when i say if the rules arent fair or economical, owen will be the first to correct it , not just talk about it. if you dont believe me, be there saturday at the meeting and prove me wrong. or do you have to work all day ,looking for a radiator cap for an air cooled mini stock.

19 am i the only one that has said something you dont like .if you read some others post that do race at your prefered class or track .youll find if you look hard enough youll find some of your buddies ideals and remarks purty close to mine . ..and im sorry if i fell to see where in anything i have said that has anything against your prefered track . and what makes you thinkl i havent sent anyone through the gate . i suppose where i work would have nothing to do with me telling poeple where your prefered track is .and going the exstra mile in drawing a map to it and telling a coulple from out of state and giving a map to them on how to get there .i suppose that does not deserve a thank you to me from you .since i do not race or have been to the track this year . sorry if that is not what you would think as support from me .sorry you dont like my imput .dont read it .. the point is dont be so blind in your dislike for me get in the way on how you percieve some of my post .have a nice day . ;)

"Extra paint on turn one" LOL

That was a good one i must admit .

19, I have witnessed my self that oldtimer drawing a map to get to sts while we were at ccms. He also stated to that person that he had heard that there was some good racin going on over there yet he has not been. Then the weekend after that I saw the same guy at sts and told me to thank him for sugesting that track to him and showing him the way. That is support to me oldtimer and Thank You!!!

Just FYI, Rio Grande Speedway is going to allow the headers in the Thunder class this year. Should make it easier for some of ya'll to make the trip when you are on an off night and have some fun. Check with any of the cars that made the last race, they all said that it was a blast.

I also have two cars for sale, cheap. Need to sell them quickly if possible. Check the classifieds, number and pictures are posted.

Didn't one of those "cheap" cars win a race this year? Way to go Rick Russell. Still pissed I didnt buy that car.

Tim,I would love to hear your and Oldtimers ideas on how to expand the class and increase the car count.With it,expand the purse.I appreciate all the confidence you have in my ability but not everybody agrees.I believe Neon Will won the most at 13 races with your brother and I sharing 5 wins each my wins at CC dont count,everybodys cars had problems.,Dont forget Todd had the fastest car of all.What you need to do right now is start getting cars together for this season.Now is the time.You might not have a class there if there are not enough cars.If STS has the best purse I might race there again.Unlickly,many STS racers are glad to race free.I hope you have great success but dont count on help from V8 guys.What would you do to attract more cars?How about you Oldtimer?Anybody?Times running out.Season starts soon.I believe a less expensive car is the answer.Thats what the claim rule is for.I might just have to patch the old Rabbit back together and go buy some cars.Might be worth the money.See,I can be negative too. :lol: Dont look for Will,he will be too busy with an occasional Pro Sedan race and taking all the money at CC Speedway with a Pro Sedan legal car the rest of the time.This is going to be an intresting year

B)

G.B. thanks for trying to make me look really good, but I think it was more like 9 or 10 and if you would have race there all year it prolly would have been less. As far as the neon at ccms it prolly wont happen because I dont think they allow a locked diff on a fwd. I dont think I will feel like swapping trannys all the time. Might run a few races here in corpus but it wont be in a neon. Not in a ford either.

Jason, that "cheap" car won two races last year remember. Yes you sould have bought that car, finnished third in points. That car sold fast because it was cheap, 800 bucks LOL! Neon Will

It WAS NOT $800!!! You charged me $8000!!!! (pesos)

Has your motor been checked?

nope .dont hide anything what do you want to know .piston size brand how much they cost . what type of crankshaft . cam shaft and size it is .carb . the head arca .valve size very big . flywheel clutch . .and im fixen to bust it down .so you are anyone are welcome to see it top to bottom inside or out .gb wont let us see his .lol

naw, he just needs his head checked....

hey oldtimer, do you have to work all day ,looking for a radiator cap for an air cooled mini stock.

OUCH!! That's gonna leave a mark!!! :blink:

44 Neon bone stock junk yard motor, no header, still has exhaust system and catalytic converter...just has Will's "special ingredient" on lower end.... :rolleyes:

And Jason, you HAD the chance to buy the car!!!!

Better watch out man you may find some pictures of me you really dont wanna see.

Oh and Tim...Your brother told me when you moved into your neighborhood the city had to install this sign on all the surrounding streets.

xing_squirrel.jpg

:lol: You going to the meeting? If so I'll be sure to bring you some peanuts.

Archived