Status of SLM in Tx?

mraracing

What differnt sanctions are there? Whats the main differnce in rules? I hear theres a crate option in some, what advatage/dissadvatage? I would like to get a car but not a brand new one in case I dont like it (I have played in the dirt all my life) I need something cheap to start with or maybe rent a ride for a race or two. Im in Longview Tx. so I guess Austin or Houston would be closest.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Mike Ambern

mraracing@aol.com

Thanks for the input Budman. I agree its not cool to start at the top class but I think I have enough under my belly-belt to not be a problem for other drivers :D I hve been in racing for 27 or so years driving differnt classes.I even done around 100 laps at TMS in the driving school. I still plan on running dirt in mods and lates thats why I want to do it as cheap as possible too.

Oh, then good. My concern was unfounded. Thanks for the info.

The Devil's Bowl, huh, that's another track I gotta make it to this year. Almost did last year. Was within 20 miles and my truck blew a radiator hose. By the time I found a replacement, got it on and the coolant refilled, it was to late to head to the track.

I did find out one thing though, I'll bet you didn't know. KY Jelly works GREAT for sliding new radiator hoses into place. Now that's ONE hilarious story, but I can't tell it on here! :lol::lol::lol:

That's the hilarious part, J.C. I wasn't. OK, OK, I'll tell you this much. There I was , over 200 miles from home with a busted hose and not a tool one in my truck.

I had managed to locate the required molded hose, on a Saturday night, which was no small feat in itself. But then I had to change it out. A very kind and gracious lady had lent me a screwdriver and I had gotten the old hose off, but was having trouble pushing the new hose on to the intake bib.

She was standing beside me while I was working on it. I commented that I really needed some vasoline "or something" to lube the hose to push it on. With that, she left, then returned a moment later. Without saying a word, she handed me this tube of KY. I had to keep a straight face while I finished the job.

Then I thanked her for being so kind and helpful, again keeping a straight face. :lol:

I can't tell you anymore than that, but you know what? The stuff worked better than vasoline or anything else I've ever used for that purpose. No tool box is complete without a tube! :lol:

She was standing beside me while I was working on it. I commented that I really needed some vasoline "or something" to lube the hose to push it on. With that, she left, then returned a moment later. Without saying a word, she handed me this tube of KY

that statement right there would make a great commercial.........

Mike,

Regarding your question on SLMs, I wish I could tell you more, but right now SLM pavement racing in Texas seems to be in somewhat of a state of kaos. Keep an eye on this board. Maybe the picture will become a little clearer in the near future.

Regarding the "personal lubricant" story, when I reread it, I thought "They're going to think I made that up", but I swear it's absolutely true! :D

Archived