ASA Tickets

mudpacker

Did not see any ASALMS races at HMP scheduled.

Is the ASA touring series planning on racing at Houston this year?

I think the ASALM Challenge Series schedule is set, maybe they can get a ASALM South event, not sure. Houston had the now defunct ASA National Tour a few years back. They have a new ASA Midwest Series(Super Late Models), part of the ASA racing that Houston is affiliated with. The ASALM's and ASA Racing are different sanctions. http://www.asa-racing.com/

First of all, I spoke with Terry this morning regarding the ASA discount on bulk ticket purchases, and he was unaware of the discount.

I then talked with Sandy Varney from ASA. ASA offers these discounts on events they are promoting. Simply put, on many of the scheduled races, ASA actually rents the tracks and handles all of the finances associated with the event. They then select the events in which they use sponsor money to help the teams, thereby offering the discounts.

The ASA race at San Antonio Speedway will be promoted and handled by the SAS staff. We're offering a larger purse for this race - $10,000 to win and $1,000 to start. The normal purse that will be paid at the other tracks is usually $6,000 to win and $750 to start.

As you might imagine, it's a big expense to these ASA teams to tow their racecars all the way to Texas. Hopefully, the bigger purse and starting payouts will attract more drivers and offer our fans a great car count.

offering that kind of money should get them here .so i dont have a problem with the gate .you have to make it back .with a show like asa .we want them we have to pay them .symple .im telling poeple here in cc aboult that race ,and thier eyes are lighting up .and some are making plans to go .what will the gate cost .asa can put sas and texas racen on the map .more then nascar did on the local seen .jmo .maybe some tv . will it be recorded for later showing .

Thanks, oldtimer, for helping us spread the word about the ASA race.

We have plenty of posters and flyers at the SAS office if anyone else wants to help us promote this race. We gave out 2,000-3,000 of the flyers at the AutoRama, so hopefully we'll have a good crowd.

Thank you for that enlightening explanation Debbie.It makes sense out of why the ASA people are so high on coming to San Antonio and speak so highly of the track owner and management.Generally,not always,but in most cases,if the promotor of a series has to rent a track and supply the financing etc...,it means the track management really does'nt have a serious need or disire to hold your event.With Mr. Dickerson's helping the ASA hold this event here in San Antonio,it shows his enthusiasm and need for ASA racing here.Leave Old Timer's spelling and grammer alone.If you figure out what he says,most of the time,you will find he made a very good point.I know I can only speak for myself,but if it takes a ticket price of $30-$40 in order to make bringing an event of this nature to SAS than I will pay it.I may be one of just a few people that feel this way,or maybe not.

Thank you for that enlightening explanation Debbie.It makes sense out of why the ASA people are so high on coming to San Antonio and speak so highly of the track owner and management.Generally,not always,but in most cases,if the promotor of a series has to rent a track and supply the financing etc...,it means the track management really does'nt have a serious need or disire to hold your event.With Mr. Dickerson's helping the ASA hold this event here in San Antonio,it shows his enthusiasm and need for ASA racing here.Leave Old Timer's spelling and grammer alone.If you figure out what he says,most of the time,you will find he made a very good point.I know I can only speak for myself,but if it takes a ticket price of $30-$40 in order to make bringing an event of this nature to SAS than I will pay it.I may be one of just a few people that feel this way,or maybe not.

I'll pay it, too.

I may Pi$$ and moan, but I'll pay it...

(Actually, I ain't happy unless I'm Pi$$in' and Moanin'...)

lol Hell i cant figure out what i say .

Rosie i dont know you and you dont race .but im a fan of yours .your funny .maybe you should Charge as much as larry the Cable Guy .

lol Hell i cant figure out what i say .

Rosie i dont know you and you dont race .but im a fan of yours .your funny .maybe you should Charge as much as larry the Cable Guy .

thank you, sir.

If I can make one person a day smile, It was a good day...

Archived