We're at the AutoRama Show

debwill

As you can see on the home page of TSZ, we have a big display area at the AutoRama. We're getting to talk with lots of folks, and it's keeping us pretty busy.

We'd still like to get some of our drivers to come out here and help us out. Before we booked the show, we were approached by several drivers and fans asking about our participation in the show. So, now we're here, and we could use some help. We've only heard from three drivers who have offered to help with the show - Mona Turner, Richard Curtis and Mark O'Donnell. Thanks, guys and Mona!

I have a bunch of Sharpies on hand - if you're a driver, just bring your firesuit and give us a hand. Help us promote your sport!! We need your help to get folks in the grandstands.

Went out to the Autorama this evening, and got a chance to chat with Debbie and Rick for awhile.

They have a real nice display there, and a lot of hand-out stuff. Debbie made sure no one walked by the booth without getting a flyer. Any of you drivers out there could make a big impact by going there and helping out.

Rick has several good ideas about stuff at the track. I also asked him point-blank about the SLM cars, and there is stuff in the works that will be of interest to the drivers with those cars.

I will not go into detail, as he is still finalizing everything.

BUT, if what he told me tonight happens, there should be several SLM cars that get the dust knocked off them. If you guys are serious about wanting to race, this will be your chance.

Do you guys have a form where people can fill out to have chance to win some tickets, get a ride in the truck, or waive the green flag? Tickets to the ASALM show will be good. If you have several people signing these forms, you can have their address, phone #, email, etc. and can mail them coupons or info about up coming events at the track. This will be a good way to get new fans to come out and possibly bring more people to the track. Just an idea, in case any other are needed. B)

Do you guys have a form where people can fill out to have chance to win some tickets, get a ride in the truck, or waive the green flag? Tickets to the ASALM show will be good. If you have several people signing these forms, you can have their address, phone #, email, etc. and can mail them coupons or info about up coming events at the track. This will be a good way to get new fans to come out and possibly bring more people to the track. Just an idea, in case any other are needed. B)

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes - we're having drawings for "Family Four Packs" and also a "Company Night at the Races." The entry forms do include the address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, approximate number of employees on the company drawing entry, etc. We're also giving out flyers for the Swap Meet, the ASA race, schedules, kids free coupons, etc. In addition, we're showing race footage, including Oktober'FAST', the ASA race, bus races and Terry's fiery crash stunt.

We've got all of the "stuff" to attract people to our booth. Again, we just need help talking to all of them. Just having promotional materials on the table, etc., doesn't spark their interest unless we tell them our story. Call me on my cell - 210-685-0400 - if you want to help . . . drivers, officials, fans . . . anyone who is willing to help us talk to the folks at the show.

Now Debbie, you forgot to thank Billy Becka for the one coupon he handed to a kid. Also, he kept the chair tied down so it wouldn't get away. J/K Billy He looked for some trophy girls, but for some reason he never brought any over.

I imagine Debbie would be happy with getting someone to look for trophy girls, maybe they can do better than Billy did.

Come on out Sunday and interact with those that really keep racing alive, the fans. The show runs from 11am-7pm.

Now Debbie, you forgot to thank Billy Becka for the one coupon he handed to a kid. Also, he kept the chair tied down so it wouldn't get away. J/K Billy He looked for some trophy girls, but for some reason he never brought any over.

I imagine Debbie would be happy with getting someone to look for trophy girls, maybe they can do better than Billy did.

Come on out Sunday and interact with those that really keep racing alive, the fans. The show runs from 11am-7pm.

Yeah, Mona, Billy did a good job of keeping us entertained. I'm glad you picked on him first - beat me to it!

We were really glad that several drivers, officials, etc., showed up to help yesterday. We were very busy and seemed to have one of the most popular booths. We would not have been able to keep up with the crowds at our booth withouth their support. We even had to go back to the office and make more flyers and coupons.

On behalf of San Antonio Speedway and USRA, I want to express my sincere thanks to Mona Turner, Richard Curtis, Trey Mitchell, Mark O'Donnell, Gary May, Nathan Ashelin, Sonny Lewis . . . and Billy Becka too. Y'all spent lots of hours on your feet and worked hard all day. We're glad that some are you are coming back today. Maybe some of your peers will show up today to give y'all some relief.

The weather is better today, so please come help us out if you can.

I thought I'd share a picture of Mona talking with some potential race fans.

post-29-1169398092_thumb.jpg

Had a great time hangin' with deb, Rick,Trey,Nathan and Sonny... Have to say that people were very open to Us and seemed very interested in what we had to offer... Working two booths was fun, since are booth was split it was really three; but known the less I had a blast....

Want to say thanks to Rick & Debbie for having Us at the booth. Got to see Rick laugh which was good... Looking forward to this year. If you'll need a truck for show, please let Us know. Don't know if we are doing body change now, so it is ready to show...

Okay all you racers, you snooze, you lose. I picked up a sponsor at the Autorama. The sponsor approached me, after watching me interact with the fans. I always hear how everyone is looking for sponsors, It could have been anyone of you that this sponsor picked.

As I see it, I was there to try to support the track that I race at, and I received the benefit. I encourage you all to get involved. It is alot of work and Debbie, Rick & Erin can't do it all alone.

I did have a blast at the show also. I was able to interact with other vendors and of course saw some old friends that I have not seen in awhile. It was alot different than I had ever thought it would be. I admit, I regretted telling Debbie that I would do the show. I ended up sick Friday and did not make the show then. Saturday, it would have been so easy to say I was still sick, (because I was), but I thought to myself, why don't I just go and get it over with. Sunday came and I was ready to go back. I encourage all the drivers to offer some time towards promoting the track. Some of our officials gave their time to promote your playground.

Archived