Jump to content

Weather for Swap Meet


abrungot

Recommended Posts

the weather forecast is looking grimer by the day!!!

From NOAA *(Pretty good source)

San Marcos

Saturday: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. North northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

 

If the weather is wet are you still planning on bringing your stuff out to sell?

Please need help making the call. 1st year i rescheduled there were many mad people.. but its different with Temps in the low 40's and 25MPH winds!!!!!

 

Aaron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys,

I hate to be like this.. however after year 1 where we postponed the event, We learned hard lessons.. (Mickey reminded me)

 

We have spent several $$$ in newspaper ads and Website work. and all of it was messaged Rain or Shine...

 

If you build it they will come I think has to be ineffect solely because it was messaged Rain or Shine...

 

<_<<_<;):(

 

Please help us help you buy supporting the meet... we can bring people but without you selling its not going to work..

 

We have dealt with the rain all 3 years so far.. and the first 2.. they still came!!!

 

 

P.S... we are still working an a final decision...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, reschedule, that wind gust, if they are like they are predicting, they are terrible at the track, plus there may be many that need to work on Saturday to make up for their losses these last few bad days! You have worked too hard for this to go bad, due to weather! :)

 

The track is yours anytime in February, although I would avoid Feb 3rd as to help support Houston's rescheduled date. Everyone, stay in and stay warm! ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really didn't want to but with the conditions we have.. we just have to POSTPONE the Swap meet...

 

We are looking at 2 dates in Feb, the 10th.. and the 17th.. (daytona's the 18th)...

 

Working to understand whats going on in the area and rekey the ads and such.. will have a date locked by Friday.

 

Aaron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel your pain, Aaron... The decision to postpone or not is not an easy one...

 

If you call it off, the weather forecasters might be dead wrong. It could be 65 and sunny all day and your customers will be disappointed.

 

If you don't call it off, the weather could end up even worse than the weather guys predicted and only a handful of diehards will show up.

 

What's a promoter to do???

 

Nick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...