Texas Pro Sedans

Texas Pro Sedans – 2007 Schedule

San Antonio, Texas

The Texas Pro Sedans have announced their schedule for the upcoming 2007 racing season.

The 2007 TPS schedule, like most other racing schedules, “is subject to change”.

Race Date....................Track/Event (race remarks)

March 3 ($500 to win) ...San Antonio Speedway … TT & 25 lap Feature Race (scheduled with ASA 200)

April 7..........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race

May 5..........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with USRA MODS)

May 26.........................Thunder Hill Raceway … 2 – 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with TSRS)

June 2..........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race

June 30.........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with USRA MODS)

July 14..........................Thunder Hill Raceway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race

August 4........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race

August 18......................Thunder Hill Raceway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with TSRS)

September 1..................San Antonio Speedway … 2 – 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with USRA MODS)

September 29................Thunder Hill Raceway (“11th Spectacular”) … TT & 32 Lap Feature Race

Oct 6 ($1,000 to win)......San Antonio Speedway (“11th Octoberfast”) … TT & 32 Lap Feature Race

November 10 or 17.........2007 TPS Awards Dinner (location to be announced)

Pre-Season Practice Dates:

SAS: Saturday's - February 3, 10 & 24 - noon till dark. Pits - $20, Grandstand free.

THR: Thursday's - March 1, 8, 15, 22 - 4:00pm-dark. Saturday's - March 10 & 17 - noon till dark.

Pits - $20 car & driver, $15 all others in pits, Grandstand free.

For further information, visit: http://www.texasprosedans.com

now im old mader . not likely .ask before . the powers to be have to work that out .i dont see that atliest this year .they have thier hands full getting that track back up to speed .i hope they do and in the future get a tps race there and other series.

According to what the "Powers that be" said in conversation at the CC Drivers Expo, TPS won't have a race at CC this year. But if you check the rules all a TPS car has to do to run at CC is put on street tires & race at its TPS legal weight.No dues, registration, just pay at the gate & RACE.The street tires most cars use are about $55 each so minimal cost to run there. A pretty good deal I think, for another chance to race.JMO.Come on down & have some fun on your off weekends!

alot of those tps cars wont race street tires for it cost $ 200 plus to buy some of the good street tires you are refering too . we for one wont spend that for street tires so we wont be able to compete up front .at the same time you cant or wont spend $ 400 .to race one race . figure this .those tires you race are almost as fast as the slicks they are not standard tires that the street tire rule was meant for .some one did thier homework and found a tire that has a softer compound as a $35 to $45 tire . and distributes and maintains heat .....we still have a set of $40 tires and they will not keep up with yours .tried them. the problem with the street tire is anyone can buy what they want aslong as they have the money .and it is a dot tire . good rule but it got really out dated fast .and if it saids m creary you cant run it .bs .those dot tires are soft . so are the ones that are alould out there now .whats the thunder fast time now .1630s 20s .that was what the time was when you started back then with us .so imo . the street tire rule is a joke .unless the track picks one tire brand or have a compound rule . they should aloul the slicks .now they invite the tps cars to race at cc with street tires but wont race tps .when at the same time tps will let you run street tires at any tps race .see what i mean .

IT was not me .mike :D .if i take it right TPS cars can run thier set up aslong as they run street tires .i know for a fact that your car would really slow down .on those tires .and really i think it may hurt you to have a lock trans .for i believe you would push on exit . in not saying dont try it .jmo .i would love for you to come down here again and race a regular night race .aswell as others .as for tires .we know we are more equal with running one tire than different brands tires .and most classes do have a set tire rule . but it needs to be one brand name . the slicks we all race in tps .have two compounds .thats ok .some cars work good on harder and some dont .but the balance is there that wise . the tires at cc that im talking aboult you can get them locally but most of the time you have to order them . -

Mike I would be glad to help you with your setup on the street tires. Your locked diff will not hurt you at all. I still remember a little bit on those front wheel drive cars and have learned other stuff that I wish I would have tried,

Just dont know if I would take this guys advice. I did at the dirt track this past year and ended up straight in the wall. :lol:

Archived