ENGINE SIZE

RobbinsSr

With time running out I may not be able to rebuild my motor and find out what has all been done to it at the same time. With running with the TPS we must disclose engine size to determing the minimum weight of the car. How can I find out the engine size? I know its a ford 2300 but dont know bore or stroke or anything like that.

Unless you have a P&G meter (a rough estimate at best, but at least you can tell if it's a stroker), you will probably have to take the head off and measure the bore and stroke.

Most 2300 Fords running TPS claim 2338 CCs, so you should be pretty safe to claim 2338 unless the motor has been stroked or overbored. You might want to give the person you purchased the car from a call to find out for sure.

Nick

2300 bored 30 comes out around 2334 to 2338 .you can run 5.7 rods .and still claim 2338 . tps has a meter and it is a rough estimate .only problem is you have to pull rockers off to get a reading .so take it apart and check it yourself .if you bought that motor its best to take it apart anyway just to check other parts aswell .. we claim a 2338 .

Archived