Web site?

Pappy_GT13

Well, we've had a drivers' meeting & a car show, got some publicity for the track- off to a good start! Now because of it people are asking when are we racing & what's going on with the track. Who is responsible for updating the website? Sure would be nice to just tell people to check our site for the latest updates! Do we need some one to step up & volunteer for this job?

Well, we've had a drivers' meeting & a car show, got some publicity for the track- off to a good start! Now because of it people are asking when are we racing & what's going on with the track. Who is responsible for updating the website? Sure would be nice to just tell people to check our site for the latest updates! Do we need some one to step up & volunteer for this job?

Historically, stepping up and volunteering in our Texas racing community is, well, is pretty much a masochistic endeavor.

If someone steps up and volunteers to meet an obvious need in our little niche of the racing world, he or she had best have some pretty thick skin, because as soon as they make any decisions or actually try to get things done (doesn't really matter what), out come the bash babies and boo birds.

Of course, there are those who actually do agree with the decision or what the volunteer is attempting to get done, but they tend to shut up. But the folks who think the decision sucks or doesn't agree with what's being done let the decision maker have it - both barrels. All good, clean sport, I guess, but one can hardly blame folks for not wanting to volunteer and put their butts out there for the disgruntled to kick.

Want to volunteer to keep the STS (or CCS, or any other) website up to date? Or work in the scoring booth? Or help out on the tech pad? Or volunteer to write race reports for your track on Texas Speed Zone? Go for it, don't say you weren't warned.

Nick

Nick,

I think that that is true in every segment of our society. Very few people want to enter the arena. They only want to build up the gladiator so that they may truly enjoy taking part in his destruction. "I don't have an answer, I just want to attack yours." But there are still some of us who enjoy the thrill of battle, and need to be joining that battle for something beyond our own grandisement. "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"

;)

Historically, stepping up and volunteering in our Texas racing community is, well, is pretty much a masochistic endeavor.

If someone steps up and volunteers to meet an obvious need in our little niche of the racing world, he or she had best have some pretty thick skin, because as soon as they make any decisions or actually try to get things done (doesn't really matter what), out come the bash babies and boo birds.

Of course, there are those who actually do agree with the decision or what the volunteer is attempting to get done, but they tend to shut up. But the folks who think the decision sucks or doesn't agree with what's being done let the decision maker have it - both barrels. All good, clean sport, I guess, but one can hardly blame folks for not wanting to volunteer and put their butts out there for the disgruntled to kick.

Want to volunteer to keep the STS website up to date? Or work in the scoring booth? Or help out on the tech pad? Or volunteer to write race reports for your track on Texas Speed Zone? Go for it, don't say you weren't warned.

Nick

Just checked to be sure I posted this in the CC Speedway forum.Not knocking any one else or their track but the only one I'm concerned with is CC.Yes, Nick, I understand the "rewards" of volunteer work.Wife Pam is active locally with several associations & I provide support for her whenever needed.She created RATTRAXX & published it for quite a while with volunteers providing her with material for it. She wrote race reports for the PA South Jetty & at one time did programs for CC. Mostly all "volunteer work" since we were lucky to break even. Not sure what point you are trying to make but thanks for the warning! I learned several years ago when I offered to rewrite / clarify mini-stock rules & was accused of trying to take over the class.However,not doing anything is worse.JMO

Pappy,...... Dan is working on the website it just going to take time. Dan is doing a good job for us.

Appreciate what Dan is doing, Bugin, not getting down on him or anyone else, just don't see any reason for him to have to do it all if someone can help. Website needs updating if we are to maintain the momentum & interest you & others worked to generate. Have someone who has helped in the past & would be willing to help with this if they can. With every one contributing a little we can have the sucessful season we all want.We know no local track can afford to advertise as much as we need so it's up to the racers to help. Just trying to help.

Well The Monroes and the Yocums, are doing everything they can to get things in line for the Season im sure. I do know you must have your ducks in a row before running across the street. They have contacted me, and I had to regretfully inform them of my decision not to continue as the full time announcer at CC Speedway, do to the 12 college hours I am taking this semester plus working a full time job. I will volunteer however and whenever I possibly can. And will still continue to update the website, whenever information is sent to me, or until somebody decides they want they job.

Tom

Well The Monroes and the Yocums, are doing everything they can to get things in line for the Season im sure. I do know you must have your ducks in a row before running across the street. They have contacted me, and I had to regretfully inform them of my decision not to continue as the full time announcer at CC Speedway, do to the 12 college hours I am taking this semester plus working a full time job. I will volunteer however and whenever I possibly can. And will still continue to update the website, whenever information is sent to me, or until somebody decides they want they job.

Tom

whatis the website url?

Archived