Cody Smith’s schedule announced for 2007 race season

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Jan. 12, 2006

LA VERNIA, TX (1.11.07) The Smith Family Racing team announced the 2007 schedule for driver Cody Smith today.

Smith, the 17-year-old Texan who has won two Rookie of the Year awards and one class championship in just two years of racing, is scheduled to run races with the ASA Late Model series, the Five Flags Speedway Pro Late Models, the GAS (Georgia Asphalt Series) Late Models, and Houston Motorsports Park (HMP) Pro Late Models series during the regular season.

The biggest news from the schedule is that Smith will not compete for the ASA Late Models series Rookie of the Year award in 2007. The La Vernia youngster will compete for rookie honors in 2008.

“We’re in this for the long haul,” said Smith Family Racing team owner Tom Smith. “We feel it’s best for Cody to ‘cut his teeth’ in as many races – and as many series and as many tracks – as possible this year to set him up for a full run in ASA next season.”

“I’m thankful to Thunder Hill Raceway (where Smith won the Hobby Stock championship and Rookie of the Year award in 2005) and the Texas Super Racing Series (Rookie of the Year award, runnerup champion) for getting me ready for the next step,” said Smith, who attends La Vernia High School. “I’m excited about taking the next step in my racing career. I’m thankful to all who have supported me in the past and I hope they’ll continue to support our efforts.”

Smith is scheduled to run in a few postseason races this year as well. His schedule includes: Oct. 6 at San Antonio Speedway for that track’s Oktoberfast races; Nov. 10 at Music City Motorplex at Nashville; and Nov. 29-Dec. 2 at the 40th Annual Snowball Derby at Five Flags Speedway (Pensacola, Fla.).

Cody Smith is represented by K-MAC Sports Productions of Austin (www.kmacsports.com), a PR firm and online broadcasting company.

Information about Cody Smith and Smith Family Racing can be found at the team’s web site, www.codysmithracing.com.

Showing Date, Series, Track

Mar 3 ASA-Late Model San Antonio Speedway

Apr 21 GAS-Late Model Lanier National Speedway, Braselton, Georgia

May 26 GAS-Late Model Peach State Speedway, Jefferson, Georgia

June Pro-Late Model Houston Motorsports Park

July 6 Pro-Late Model Snowball Speedway, Pensacola, Florida

Aug 4 ASA-Late Model Bristol Speedway, Bristol, Tennessee

Sept 7 Pro-Late Model Snowball Speedway, Pensacola, Florida

Oct 6 SAS-Late Model San Antonio Speedway

Nov 10 Pro-Late Model Music City Motorplex, Nashville, Tennessee

Nov 29-Dec 2 Pro-Late Model Snowball Speedway, Pensacola, Florida

(Schedule is subject to change)