I lost my best friend today....

rebelracewriter

Tommy 33 not far fetched to me .when my grandmother passed we had just came back from the first nascar race AT TMS .my grandmothers favorite song was 4 strong winds .by bobby bare .from 1963 i had never heard that song on the radio .until one year later as i . my wife and son were almost in dallas going to the 1998.nascar race at TMS . aboult the same area as when we found out aboult her .and to this day have not heard that song again on the radio .i do have it on her sterio she left me . my wife and i looked at each other at the same time when that song came on ..... now i have a dog that i bought for my wife .and she will not leave me alone .her name is sassy .my moms name was patsy . and that little girl reminds me of her .

Flyingaces,I believe alot in what you say and my friends think I'm dreaming stuff up.Growing up,my dad and I werent very close.He was a career army man,for 36 yrs,and spent alot of time away from home.Just as we were starting to build a relationship,he passed away from a brief illness.Funny thing was my dad hated cats with a passion.On returning home from Alabama a couple days after my dad's funeral and pulling into my drive way in Austin,we proceeded to get out of the car and my daughter goes ahead of us to unlock the front door to the house.Out of nowhere, from across the street where there happens to be a wooded area come a gray and white cat in a hast, zipping right by my wife,son,and I, and runs straight into the house.We all look at each other like "what the hay",and proceed inside the house to see what's up with this cat.Get inside and this cat is sitting on the couch like it's at home looking at us like, "Whaz Up".We check'd him for tags,no tags,everybody was petting him and he enjoyed it,wife said,wonder where he came from.I told her jokingly,you never know,it's probably my dad,he hated cats,the good lord is punishing him,guess he sent him back as a cat and he wanted to come back to texas and I'm the only family still living in Texas.So come Jan 22nd,the day we got home from burying my dad,will mark the 9th year this cat,whom is named George(after my dad) will be in my house having his way, just like dad always did.Story sounds a little or alot far fetched,but the whole family,even my mom, sure has alot of fun with it.Plus,every week there are a few days that when you go to pull in the driveway that somebody has to get out of the car to move George out of the driveway where he's laying so you can pull in.He will not move,drive right up to him,aint moving.Got to pick him up and place him in the grass.The cat does this for meaness and to ignor you,and those were two of my dad's favorite things,being mean and ignoring just to be doing it.

tommy33,

man i'm right there with you. some people think i,m nuts when i tell that story, but i believe its true. my dog has soo many of mikes traits its crazy. damm good friend and truck dog ;) the man upstairs has powers

To those who think they are the only "dog nut" your not alone.. I like dogs more than humans, they are kinder, sweeter and they sure as heck aren't judgemental. Well except for blue my 11 yr old mutt who died before thanksgiving, he hated men!

One of my little ladies is not doing well now actually she is 16 years old I took her to the vet the other day, and they think she has a brain tumor, but they aren't sure. SHe was doing better, but this morning it didn't look so good. I'm kinda worried to go home.

I have 9 dogs inside my house, I have sucker written right on my head. If its a stray it finds me and lives like a king or queen the rest of its life. Mom says if I get anymore it can stay but I have to leave.

Glad to know racers help the animal world.

Reb if you want to adopt a dog, I have 3 very cuddly labs. They are great dogs, but I have my hands full.

Thanks racegirl, don't know if I'm ready for another dog right now, even as much as I'd like to have another one.

Sorry to hear about one of your furbabies......I'll say a prayer for her/you tonight.

If you have trouble coping I HIGHLY recommend www.petloss.com that site has some great people there in the chat room and lots of healing things on the site.

Rebel, I am going to have to take you up on that website. WE lost poor Emily at 2:30 tuesday morning. WE also lost blue (emily's son) before thanksgiving. These two were from natural causes.

Then tuesday someone poisoned four of my other dogs. After hours at an emergency vet and all the blood work was done it shows to be antifreeze. They said my lab had to have been given at least a gallon of antifreeze. My poor cassie had to be put to sleep tuesday night, brownie died on his own, and my big galout clifford had to be put down on wed. I have one more that has antifreeze poisoning but he seems to be doing better. The vet said the only treatment that is under $1500 is to keep them drunk on vodka, so pretty, is pretty drunk and has been since tuesday night. I pray that he is okay when I get off of work today.

Thank the lord, I still have pretty, Cledus( cassies son and cliffords brother) then all my little babies. I also have four little dogs. Grunt, Rusty, Ruby and Dizzy.

The police said if I could prove who did it, it is years in prison. But how do you prove this?

My heartaches everytime I think about it. The tears are hard to keep control of, but time heals all wounds. this just proves one thing to me DOGS ARE BETTER THAN HUMANS.

Racegirl, I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your furbabies. Jail isn't enough for @$$holes like that. It might be easy enough to find out who in your neighborhood doesn't like dogs by asking around. It may be a little gross but you could check the neighbors trash cans for empty antifreeze jugs. If you ever find them, hold them until I get there before calling the police.

I sent ya an e-mail that was sent to me by Robert Waltons mother. One of the sayings in it fits exactly what you said.

The chat room at petloss.com has some really great people and they have a Monday night candle ceremony for all our lost furbabies. (note; keep plenty of Kleenex handy) Visiting the chat room has helped me a bit with losing Bear. I go by bearsdaddy on that site.

My heart goes out to you, your family and the other furbabies during this terrible time. May God watch over you all.

hold them until I get there before calling the police

even though they are low down trash, no use lowering yourself to their level.......if you can catch the person, press charges and they will get theres.......no use getting yourself in trouble right along side them.......sorry to hear about ya'lls babies, it takes a low down piece of trash to do something like that to a defenseless animal.......

Thank you for the support. I pretty much know who did it, but I just don't know how to prove it. If thought of what to do what to say to someone that evil, but nothing could put into words what I am feeling right now. I wanted to knock the living _______ out of him, stooping to his level would just make me that kind of person. and anyone that knows me, knows that I am a pretty good person. Thank you all for the support.

Archived