2007 USRA Mod and Truck rules

NickHolt

What do they mean by no suitable treaded tire available? I beleive the 970 Hoosier is still available. Is the IMCA new Hoosier not compatible on asphalt?What about the old American Racer G60 that used to be run in IMCA? I liked the variety better we had a few years ago,the slicks handled better,even though the open moters had more power,was interesting to watch at SAS especially. With the 500 only carb it doesn't look like any dirt cars crossing over unless they have a carb already,JMO. Here is a thought,put up some money for the mods like the SLMs got and see how many might show up. :D

What do they mean by no suitable treaded tire available? I beleive the 970 Hoosier is still available. Is the IMCA new Hoosier not compatible on asphalt?What about the old American Racer G60 that used to be run in IMCA? I liked the variety better we had a few years ago,the slicks handled better,even though the open moters had more power,was interesting to watch at SAS especially. With the 500 only carb it doesn't look like any dirt cars crossing over unless they have a carb already,JMO. Here is a thought,put up some money for the mods like the SLMs got and see how many might show up. :D

ya what i read is that the only carb. is the 500.i pm rick about that and some other questions and he has not returned my post yet.

Are ya'll going to run modifieds this year Chase? If so good luck .

No, but thanks anyway. I just read alot of rules and got confused by these at first.

We hope to be in a brand new "Stapp built" Super Stock at THR this season.

Nick or Rick,

Please clarify the Modified motor rule. At the bottom of pg 23, under "OPEN ENGINE Requirements", it lists the 2 options for weight & left side %. Then on pg 24 it goes into what appears to be the 2006 Restricted motor rules. Do the rules on pgs 24, 25 and 26 apply to the Restricted motors only or to the Open motor also? Can the Open motors run a 4 barrel - in other words, is it truly an open motor?

If there are any rules that limit an Open motor, please specify them!

Nick or Rick,

Please clarify the Modified motor rule. At the bottom of pg 23, under "OPEN ENGINE Requirements", it lists the 2 options for weight & left side %. Then on pg 24 it goes into what appears to be the 2006 Restricted motor rules. Do the rules on pgs 24, 25 and 26 apply to the Restricted motors only or to the Open motor also? Can the Open motors run a 4 barrel - in other words, is it truly an open motor?

If there are any rules that limit an Open motor, please specify them!

That's exactly what confused me when I read them. I think the sections just need to be rearranged a little. The only thing I saw that applied to open motors was "no dry sumps allowed", but I could have missed something also.

• 2 months later...

Archived