One of Longhorn Speedway's beloved families has lost their dearly

Mary Ann

Sad, sad news! I remember this young man when he was first brought out to Longhorn Speedway with his family! His Mom and Dad both were very vital to Longhorn Speedway, Sandy, his Mom sold tickets at the main gate and Russell, his Dad, took the tickets and greeted everyone as they came through the gate!

Sandy is the sister of Sheri Mack and her best friend Debbie Vogal, those two always ran the pit window at Longhorn Speedway and just this year, they took over the pit window @ Thunder Hill Raceway. Wonderful family! As I was working to prepare for this weekends Award Ceremony, I got the call from Tiffany about Cody, sure took the wind out of my sail, God Bless this wonderful family! Cody you will be so missed and always remembered! Please see the information listed below for his arrangements.

Cody Patrick "Co-dog" Slaughter

Cody Patrick Slaughter

Born in Austin, Texas on Sep. 14, 1986

Departed on Jan. 2, 2007 and resided in Kyle, TX.

Visitation: Friday Jan. 5, 2007

Service: Saturday Jan. 6, 2007

Cemetery: Forest Oaks Memorial Park

Our prayers and thoughts of sympathy go out to Russell, Sandy and the entire family. I remember him well from Longhorn Speedway. Take Care and God Bless

Larry & Joyce Walton

TSRS #49 RWRacing Dad and Mom

I remember him too, Russell and Sandy you both have my sympathy and much hugs, I dont know what it's like to lose a Son, but I do know what's like to loose a very speical person that meant so much to so many and touched so many hearts in the his life.......God Bless you both.......

(((HUG)))

Jackie

Archived