How many?

Actually hoping for a good field of cars in the grandstock.

The 48 el camino will be there. Hoping floyd will be back out in his brown el camino also.

I think there were a couple of others building a car.

Just out of curiousity..... How many Road Runners do you think there will be???? Mine should be ready hopefully no later than first or second race.... From my guestimation there should be a good feild of them again this year especially if alot of the THR Hobby's come and run with us...

ou81too-----------how does the track business and the electrical repair bill have any say whether or not you race? If they put that over your head, then shame on them, not on you. Unless you where the one who told the decision maker of the company that you were backing the track. That is the chance they took on getting paid. What if they did some work for all the Wal-Marts and HEB's out there and both companies decided not to pay, would they tell you that you could not shop at either store. In other words, SAS is not the only track within a 100 miles of SAS. The good thing about a sponsorship, if you sell them on an idea of new customers could result in racing at another track, they might just think about it.

But back to the topic that was started. I know that the 31 and 13 will be running this coming season. 31 car is ready to go and the 13 does not need much work.

ou81too-----------how does the track business and the electrical repair bill have any say whether or not you race? If they put that over your head, then shame on them, not on you. Unless you where the one who told the decision maker of the company that you were backing the track. That is the chance they took on getting paid. What if they did some work for all the Wal-Marts and HEB's out there and both companies decided not to pay, would they tell you that you could not shop at either store. In other words, SAS is not the only track within a 100 miles of SAS. The good thing about a sponsorship, if you sell them on an idea of new customers could result in racing at another track, they might just think about it.

But back to the topic that was started. I know that the 31 and 13 will be running this coming season. 31 car is ready to go and the 13 does not need much work.

I don't know that that is a fair statement. I think that it does affect it, and I understand why. There are other things that we are not privy too. On the other hand, it might have been better not to mention it at all. <_<

>49 i agree . its one thing to complain aboult some things on here , but becuz of lack of payment should be done behind doors .if it may cost you a sponsor . call the track and talk to them with your concern . but i myself if told by a sponsor they wont help becuz of such and such ,or so and so / then i dont need thier money .jmo .

You are so so right Oldtimer... I havent had the opportunity yet to go down all those roads, but my view is this:

You the car driver/owner are doing your sponsors a service of advertising his/her business on your car for a small fee...

The sponsor in turn is paying a small fee for the advertising exposure they are getting on your vehicle... Which is a tax deduction for business advertising expense....

This should be a give / take relationship between both parties involved... Both parties should be required to uphold their end of the deal... And a sponsor saying he is pulling out becuase of a dispute with the track isnt right , but then again its their money so how can you argue... Oldtimer has it right if they dont want to put up sponsor money becuase of something 3rd party maybe you are better off without them...

As too the other point from rookie, he is right maybe better dealt with behind closed doors on the dispute with the track....

On a back on topic note: With what has come to light, I guess its safe to say atleast 1 or 2 of the RR cars probably wont be running until that dispute is handled... :( :( BTW OU do you own the car or the sponsor?

Archived