Will racers see a break in Fuel costs

abrungot

if i remember right, the cost at sas was either $5.00 a gallon or $4.50 a gallon.......i am thinking it was $5.00 a gallon last year and $4.50 a gallon the year before........

wow $6.00 - $8.00 a gallon, is that for alcohol?

No, that was race fuel...between 98 to 110 octane if I remember right

• 3 months later...
CNN.com "Money"

It looks like the price of oil is on a sharp decline due to the unusally warm winter seen so far...

New York City Snow less for first time in 120 + years for Dec...

Seems they hint that Diesel may be going lower... as well as Increased Gas supplies that normally lead to lower prices...

I think you jinxed us

CNN.com "Money"

It looks like the price of oil is on a sharp decline due to the unusally warm winter seen so far...

New York City Snow less for first time in 120 + years for Dec...

Seems they hint that Diesel may be going lower... as well as Increased Gas supplies that normally lead to lower prices...

Then why is gas going back up again... This is such BS that our goverment the strongest in the world can let these OPEC people push us around and take money from this country, while the whole time they use the profits from us the americans to fund those who want to destroy our way of life... ITS BS.... And last I checked most of the US oil supplies come from Vensuela, Mexico, and Canada so why is our prices determined by freaking OPEC??? Sorry for the rant but these gas prices suck @$$

it always goes up when it is the traveling season, usually around spring break and summer.........they blame it on the issues with iran this time, but it is always something different.........im sure the guys in charge have their hand in the crude oil cookie jar and they enjoy some nice kick backs when they raise the oil prices.......

A number of things influence fuel costs, from increased demand in China and India (the two most populous countries in the world) to the (mandated) need to switch refinery operations to produce a different blend of fuel for every season to reduced refinery capacity in the face of increased demand. The demand from China and India has pushed prices up; increasing demand without an increase in the supply will ALWAYS increase prices.

We don't have to import oil, of course. We could pump more ourselves, but there are two problems with that. Short term, the environmentalists go nuts; long term, we're using up their oil and leaving ours where we can get it when we want.

Prior to about 1970, we didn't import most of our oil. Now, we do. But if you really want to change things, get Momma to stop driving an SUV. As Pogo said a long time ago, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Archived