Outlaw Super Late Model Race

uhcougs asked what track is this race going to be held at? Well thats a good question. Who wants its? Where do the drivers wanna race? What do the Fans want? I just starting these threads to show the drivers, tracks, promotors, and fans that us SLM teams want to race.

J.C

I agree with SD7. Let's make it 3 or 4 race at SAS, THR, HMP and CCS if they open in '07. I think Doug said he was organizing the purse, so why not see if there are additional sponsors in each city. Do it like some of the midwest series do it, pay at the end of all the races based on total points for all 4 races.

Since your stage name is RICHBOY maybe you could kick in the money it would take to convert these cars to dirt and buy a couple sets of tires for each team. Or just provide dirt cars for each team. We started racing dirt so we could probably handle it, except for the dirt in your mouth at the end of the nite! :(

Jay would you cover the event/events, driver/teams and sponsors with your excellent press release? What about Marc Roy will you take the pics? Would the entire racing community stand behind these companys and guys who are will to stick their necks out for us?

J.C

the slm's always seem to need lots of space for an event, rigs, carts, parts and all so i guess we need a good sized pits. Houston is good sized, so is Kyle. SA is also large enough but the 2-3 hrs spent loading, moving trailer out and at the end of the night reversing the process after a whole day of adrenalin is really a drag. jmo.

hell, i'll race anywhere, just name it.

i bet they would but i can not speak for them.

Plus some Colorado guys might even show up if you put the bug in the thier ear.

Also to think about if thier isnt no SLM series for ya'll this year Altus Speedway ( www.altusspeedway.com ) is putting on 2 late model shows this next season. Although the pay isnt great, but the car count is pretty good. The USLMA series average about 20 cars a event and they put on a great show every night. It would be kool to see some of the old texas drivers race with us again in Altus.

Sooner was sold to the airport or i should say City of Altus they took all the lights down so they can make the runway bigger at the airport. I wouldnt think the track will ever open up again. Altus Speedway is a 1/3 mile but its been repaved and the owner cleaned it up alot. The track looks good since the last time a Texas series ran up here.

Archived