3-C update

Chico125

People please. Everyone needs to get a grip. These rules are not encrypted in granite (written in stone). Yes I realize they are not perfect but they are a starting point. I have gotten input from several outside sources and these seem to fit and have a good foundation. We have worked really hard getting these out but I can't ask my staff to work until 1:00 am every night....they have families too. On that note....I had a staff member up until 1:30 am putting the rules on the website. I know there are some gripes and complaints but let's face it, spelling shouldn't be one of them. This is racing not English class thank you.

Hopefully everyone knows that when we have our drivers meeting these issues will be addressed. Everyone should also know that not everyone is going to be set up perfect for just one track. I will do my best to match the classes up. Right now the pure stock class in C.C. will run our street stock and the bomber class in C.C. will run the pure stock. Doesn't really matter what you call them, the beat up p.o.s. class just as long as you fit within the rules, we're racing baby. I have tentatively set driver meetings for next week but I have not gotten a place set up so as soon as I can put it together I will let everyone know. Please be patient although I know patience and time are short. I will do everything I can to get these rules where they need to be but we all need to understand this.....changes will be made that are good for the class not just for the one who's complaining. As for the track we started working the dirt today. After the 4 inches of rain from last weekend the track looked to be ready for a little work. On a bad note it started raining tonight. When we left it wasn't bad and will be ready for us tomorrow. If it continues we could have our work cut out for us. The straights are nice but the turns are wet down low. The higher lines are working in nicely. Considering the alternatives, if all else fells, we'll set the track up for the mid to high lines and we'll rock and roll on monday. I hope this will settle some of the complaints and everyone can keep things in check until the driver meetings. I'm looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone on Monday. Have a Very Happy New Year and those of you who decide to make the trip please drive safe until you hit the dirt.

Thanks everyone.

Chico Cox / Tri-City Speedway

Thank you for the update, Chico. We have at least 3 cars from my area planning to come over on Monday. I'm glad you placed the info. about the track prep, as we were wondering about that. We are looking forward to coming out for some fun. I saved your # from the other post and will still call on Sunday just to double check before we make the long haul. Thanks for putting this practice on. This is a great chance for us to do some very early testing and tuning with a couple of months to make changes as needed.

-Monty

www.ykc.com/mcchamber

Good morning everyone. Well as I feared we got a little more rain than I really wanted. Track is wet but it didn't rain enough to wash the track out. Looks like it may have all soaked in and if we can avoid any more rain we may be able to pull this thing off. The rain gauge at the track (the big puddle by the entry gate which most of you that have run here before know is the best gauge because it shows how much soaked in and what was left standing) has a little water in it. The good thing is that it was already saturated so I think it is a little off. We are going to let the track dry a little before we start working it again but by this afternoon we should have a good indication of how the track is going to come in. I hope I didn't make anyone mad last night but we didn't leave the track until 11:00 pm, primarily because of a rain shower which had me a little upset and worried about our first outing. Sorry guys. Like I said though I will do my best to get these rules dead on and do what is best for each class. We will address everyones issues at the drivers meeting. Our goal is to be as fair as possible across the board keeping safety in mind. Also, on the safety issue.....we will have Poteet Vol. Fire Dept. on site with the foam truck for the alcohol guys. I know this has been a concern in the past and has been a big concern of mine. Kenneth Jasik from Jeff's Auto Rebuilders will be on site as well with the tow truck. The Pink Tonka is running and once I get clearance from Mickey we can use it, we'll put it into operation. Once again I want to thank everyone for their input and support. I'll keep everyone posted on the track conditions and where the lines will be. I'll even sacrifice my car for a test lap or 2. yeah baby. Hope to see everyone Monday and everyone have a safe and happy new year.

We'll keep our fingers crossed. Forecast for Pleasanton for remainder of day is partly cloudy with clear after that til Tuesday. If the sun shines like it is forecasted for Sunday and maybe with just a little breeze, things will come together well. Anyway, we'll keep or fingers crossed and we'll stay tuned. If you think it would be easier to hold on a final decision until Sunday afternoon, we're cool with that. over here. Just want to be as sure as possible before we load down on Sunday night.

Good luck and again thanks for trying to pull it off.

-Monty

www.ykc.com/mcchamber

Well guys and gals here's the latest. Wet.....but not too wet. We moved just enough dirt last night that most of the rain soaked in. We didn't work the track today....just let it sit. The easy bake oven ( SUN ) didn't kick on until 4:00ish so not a lot of drying time. With a full day of sun tomorrow we will be in business. I will let everyone know for sure before we start the new years party. It is looking pretty optimistic from my stand point as well as the other troops here. There may be a little work left for Monday morning (ouch - my head already hurts ) but nothing that a good bowl of menudo and a hot cup of coffee won't cure. We'll jump on it and get it as close as we can. The bottoms of the turns are pretty wet, as in bring your swim trunks but stay mid to high in the corners and the track looks to be pretty good for a little lap time for everyone that shows up. I will let everyone know about mid-day what things are looking like. If all else fails, I'll make the sacrifice and run a few laps just to make sure the track is ready. Man...what I don't do for you guys. Thanks everyone.

Archived