61 - Corey Lovell

115 - Alexander

77 -

9 - Gary Buchanan

99 - Casey Smith

10 - Kirby Honeycutt

47 - Trey Mitchell

250 - Mudpacker

If both cars carry the same left side weight aren't they equal, or is there still a disadvantage with the perimiter? And also if the perimiters can't get say 58% why not drop the left side on all of them to 57 or 56.5%.

I'm sure Nick or Pacecar will chime in and explain this better, but short answer is that it isn't just about %age. Its about exactly where that weight is. With the offset chassis with the same weight percentages you can put more mass in the exact areas where you need it.

One of the biggest advantages inherent in straight rail cars is that are able to obtain the maximum left side percentage permitted the rules more easily than a perimeter car. Therefore, they are able to place whatever ballast is needed to meet the total weight rule very low in the car.

A good starting point in any weight rule designed to equalize competition between straight rail cars and perimeter cars would be to give the perimeter cars 58% left with the "heavy total weight rule (since the relatively heavy total weight is enough to give the perimeter cars a real shot at balancing their cars) and permit the straight rail cars to run 57% to futher remove the inherent advantage of low static right side wieght.

If adjustments are needed, make them in weight percentages rather than total weight differences.

Nick

Nick,

In order to equalize the 2 chassis, wouldn't it be necessary to increase the total weight to a weight where the perimeters can obtain the left side %, then decrease the straight rails left side by a % or 2? In other words, if you want to give the perimeters 58% and the straight rails 56%, you would have to require both chassis to weight what the perimeters need to attain 58% (about 2800 lbs).

Nick,

In order to equalize the 2 chassis, wouldn't it be necessary to increase the total weight to a weight where the perimeters can obtain the left side %, then decrease the straight rails left side by a % or 2? In other words, if you want to give the perimeters 58% and the straight rails 56%, you would have to require both chassis to weight what the perimeters need to attain 58% (about 2800 lbs).

Rusty,

I think if you re-read what I wrote, that's pretty much what I said. Except I didn't state a starting total weight like you did (2800 lbs.). I personally would go with a 2900 starting weight to be sure that all the former SLMs out there would have an equal opportunity. As you know, some of the early fabricated chassis were a bit heavier than the current genre.

Nick

23 - Larry Bendele

52 - Umscheid Race Services

54 - Todd McLemore

35 - Greg Davis

5 - Josh Trees

?? - Rod Slack

01 -

61 - Corey Lovell

115 - Alexander

77 - Jason Ray

9 - Gary Buchanan

99 - Casey Smith

10 - Kirby Honeycutt

47 - Trey Mitchell

250 - Mudpacker

What about :

Aramendia

Brandon Bendele

Tommy Grimes

T Wade Welch

Greg Davidson

Chris Davidson

Jason Young

Thad Felton

Heath Stewart

Mark Chrudimsky

The Bob Garwood Entry

Bumbera's Team

How Many Cars are sitting in -

CC

Houston

Austin

SA

Dallas/Ft Worth

If you know of cars sitting list the owner or driver on here and lets make some phone calls.

I feel we have a pretty decent list for just under week and a holiday week at that.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday

J.C

I did reread your post, and darned if you didn't say that! Sometimes the old synapes don't fire as fast as they used to. :(:blink::D The 2800 was arbitrary and 2900 would not only allow the older chassis, but would also allow the LMS's and TSRS cars to go on a diet and run.

RacerRoy??? who that? When i was running Legends Cars theer was a guy in the stands at TMS on thursday night that was named Racer Roy, he help anounce some of the events. What does he have to do with Super Late Models??

J.C

2900 lbs is cool with me, and i remember you said you didnt have all the rules ready but i was just wondering about #'s after the race. How much give are we talking about? or is it 2900 after the race?

Im really not sure what differance it makes though. With JC in the field i probably wont place high enough for tech :lol::lol::lol:

seriously, great job JC. a dozen cars in 2 days. we'll have a full field for sure!!!! :D

Man TXSZ hasnt seen much action today wheer is everyone?

As of 01-04-07

23 - Larry Bendele

52 - Umscheid Race Services

54 - Todd McLemore

35 - Greg Davis

5 - Josh Trees

?? - Rod Slack

01 -

61 - Corey Lovell

115 - Alexander

77 - Jason Ray

9 - Gary Buchanan

99 - Casey Smith

10 - Kirby Honeycutt

47 - Trey Mitchell

Do we have anymore insight on the rules? Maybe when we get something on track and rules more people could commit to the race.

J.C

hey J.C.,

Iknow of atleast 2 more that would probably run, they just dont get on speedzone. Im not speaking for them but I'll try to get you a definate answer. Or have them call you up.

I

hey bro.............i did notice that the #52 only had "Umscheid Race Services" as the driver!!!!!!!!!!!! i know someone who will step in if you are to busy helpin ray drews with his tires.

give it some thought

Archived