Outlaw Super Late Model Race

UMSCHEIDRaceServices

I know not every team has a representive that gets on TXSZ. But i was wondering what teams would put in a verbal commitment to run these events. If the guys putting it togeather have this event while other series(blizzard,ASA,CRA,PASS) are NOT running would you show up??

Here is what doug posted in another thread:

"Well Guys this thread has taken more than left turns while I have been away so let me answer a few questions.

Q.What do you mean by outlaw was one question.

A. I mean unsactioned with limited rules

We have been working on rules and have about 85% complete there are several engine combinations that will be allowed.

If you ran ROMCO YOU WILL be able to run under the rules.

If you ran USRA,CRA,ASA and I belive PASS you too will be able to run with the rules that will be in place

Now then after the new year we will post and lets get the drivers and race teams signed up and ready to racing

Thanks to all that have sent in suggestions your VOICES or WORDS have been HEARD and READ!

Doug"

With this being said I can probably speak for #52, #54, #35, and #5 whos cars all utilize the URS set-ups, plus another new car that was sold a couple of months ago would race.

Thats the first 5 come on guys step up, let them know we want it!!

J.C Umscheid

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm working to get my SLM ready after the fiery wreck. Should be done by March.

Good Larry you can bring the sweet tea then huh?

Aight Guys so far we have :

23 - Larry Bendele

52 - Umscheid Race Services

54 - Todd McLemore

35 - Greg Davis

5 - Josh Trees

?? - Rod Slack

From what im hearing yes becuase all the series listed on Doug's post all have provisions for the ASA Crate Motored cars.

Alright an updated list:

23 - Larry Bendele

54 - Todd McLemore

35 - Greg Davis

5 - Josh Trees

?? - Rod Slack

01 -

61 - Corey Lovell

115 - Alexander

Many of the former ROMCO cars are perimeter cars. ROMCO and even the USRA pushed these cars for safety reasons, according to them. In order for these cars to be competitive with the current cars, the overall weight for all cars would need to be raised to at least 2850 or 2900# so that the perimeters could get the 2% extra left side to equal them out with the straight rails and to allow the ASA cars enough room to drop weight to be competitve. I hope Doug has Terry Barden involved, he ran the ROMCO series when it was competitve and had great car counts, so he should be the choice when it come to rules and tech with this race.

Alright an updated list as of 12/30/06

23 - Larry Bendele

54 - Todd McLemore

35 - Greg Davis

5 - Josh Trees

?? - Rod Slack

01 -

61 - Corey Lovell

115 - Alexander

77 -

Man it would be great to see 20-25 names on this list. We already have 11 lets make some phone calls and get some intrest sparked here guys!!

Thanks

J.C

I just want a place to race next year(with the current car i have) I know i can spend money and make alot of changes and race other places.

If both cars carry the same left side weight aren't they equal, or is there still a disadvantage with the perimiter? And also if the perimiters can't get say 58% why not drop the left side on all of them to 57 or 56.5%.

I'm sure Nick or Pacecar will chime in and explain this better, but short answer is that it isn't just about %age. Its about exactly where that weight is. With the offset chassis with the same weight percentages you can put more mass in the exact areas where you need it.

As a race fan,that has been crazy about SLM racing all his life,I have to say,this is the best thread I've read on here in a long time.Thank you J.C.If you can get 20+ cars at a race,it will be impossible to not favor you in that race,no matter who my favorite drivers are.

Once again J.C.,thank you very much.

If both cars carry the same left side weight aren't they equal, or is there still a disadvantage with the perimiter? And also if the perimiters can't get say 58% why not drop the left side on all of them to 57 or 56.5%.

I'm sure Nick or Pacecar will chime in and explain this better, but short answer is that it isn't just about %age. Its about exactly where that weight is. With the offset chassis with the same weight percentages you can put more mass in the exact areas where you need it.

Total weight and weight placement is at the top of the list to obtain "long legs" in any pavement race car. A race car should be as Light as possible, the weight as Low as possible, and as far Left as possible. The "Triple L" (Light - Low - Left) had best be there or you're not maximizing your car's potential.

One of the biggest advantages inherent in straight rail cars is that are able to obtain the maximum left side percentage permitted the rules more easily than a perimeter car. Therefore, they are able to place whatever ballast is needed to meet the total weight rule very low in the car.

However, if weight rule:

1) mandates that all cars must carry the same total weight,

2) requires that the total weight be at least 200-300 pounds heavier than the offset cars were originally designed to run at,

3) and is sufficiently heavy to permit the perimeter cars to easily place ballast wherever they need it to meet the rules, then at least one of the advantages inherent in a straight rail car has been removed.

A good starting point in any weight rule designed to equalize competition between straight rail cars and perimeter cars would be to give the perimeter cars 58% left with the "heavy total weight rule (since the relatively heavy total weight is enough to give the perimeter cars a real shot at balancing their cars) and permit the straight rail cars to run 57% to futher remove the inherent advantage of low static right side wieght.

If adjustments are needed, make them in weight percentages rather than total weight differences.

Nick

Mudpacker if you would have read my post more thorough I said with the tires and the crate motor combination enabled us to run the same lap times. I have always said to the tech officials the purpose built motors would have the advantage during the race especailly off the corners and on short green flag runs. The comment made in your post stated the crates would slow down the cars and THEY HAVE NOT. LOOK AT THE LAP TIMES FROM THE COMPUTER. If you are going to enter a car I would be glad to be there with mine and support J.C. I look forward to racing with you.

Cool,

Lower the basket on a basketball court and my dunk is 2 points just like Michael Jordans on a 10 foot goal. Some people would not know the difference, nearly all basketball fans would. I doubt they would pay the same amount to watch it either. But, thats OK, I guess there is a market for entry level racing here in Texas.

I know not every team has a representive that gets on TXSZ. But i was wondering what teams would put in a verbal commitment to run these events. If the guys putting it togeather have this event while other series(blizzard,ASA,CRA,PASS) are NOT running would you show up??

Here is what doug posted in another thread:

"Well Guys this thread has taken more than left turns while I have been away so let me answer a few questions.

Q.What do you mean by outlaw was one question.

A. I mean unsactioned with limited rules

We have been working on rules and have about 85% complete there are several engine combinations that will be allowed.

If you ran ROMCO YOU WILL be able to run under the rules.

If you ran USRA,CRA,ASA and I belive PASS you too will be able to run with the rules that will be in place

Now then after the new year we will post and lets get the drivers and race teams signed up and ready to racing

Thanks to all that have sent in suggestions your VOICES or WORDS have been HEARD and READ!

Doug"

With this being said I can probably speak for #52, #54, #35, and #5 whos cars all utilize the URS set-ups, plus another new car that was sold a couple of months ago would race.

Thats the first 5 come on guys step up, let them know we want it!!

J.C Umscheid

casey 99

gary 9

Alright an updated list as of 01/01/07

23 - Larry Bendele

54 - Todd McLemore

35 - Greg Davis

5 - Josh Trees

?? - Rod Slack

01 -

61 - Corey Lovell

115 - Alexander

77 -

9 - Gary Buchanan

99 - Casey Smith

10 - Kirby Honeycutt

Hope everyone had a great New Years!!! Look forward to seeing and running with you guys in 2007

Mud packer you got a car? I havent seen that you said youd bring a car to the race, whats up?

What about the rest of the Houston gang would they show up to support? I know Matt Smith ran with us in SA and TMS, what about 000 from HMP, i maybe able to talk the 97 Ray Drews into it if i dont have him to busy doing my tires. :D

J.C

Archived