A question that got overlooked!

landlord

"HMP and Kyle are fine facilities.I can't imagine why anybody would not want to race at either one.From what I have heard SAS and CC are nice tracks too.Whats the{bad blood}or{past history} that keeps these tracks from working with each other".I posted this on one of the threads and nobody had anything to say about it.There has got to be a way to get everyone to get along for the betterment of our sport!! :D

Owners and Managers at cc have never .I really believe wanted to reach out to other tracks and come up with something that could help one way are another . My belief and i may not get close is they want to keep thier cars here .Its hard enough to get em .So they want to keep them . They dont or drivers dont want a set of common rule for all tracks .Id love for that to happen .Some sas and kyle cars have raced down here and ran purty darn good . Our car can run on all tracks with mainly gear change and alittle stagger change .But its a tps car. Tps has a set of rules which make it easier to race those tracks .I would love to race a HMP. But they dont have a minnie class or dont race tps for what ever reason .jessie the driver i work with has raced at hmp and loves that track .Whats the answer . i dont know .The off weeks at kyle and sas should and could be a good thing for cc and hmp if the drivers want to race here ,as the same for cc drivers if the rules were common and the tracks would work together .id say its win win deal .but what do i know im just a pitman and ex driver .

the bakers don't like dickerson , so usra will not be running HMP ,maryann and brian callaway still have a working agenda with usra and dickerson to bring them back to THR 2007...........and nobody ever knows what the hell is going to happen in corpus so nobody ever worries about going back.

maryann and brian seem to be working well with the bakers and HMP , which will hopefully bring the THR super stocks to HMP numerous times in 2007 as well as TSRS............and still nobody knows what the hell will happen in corpus so nobody marks them on a calendar.

- clear anything up for you?

............something tells me that you just wanted to start a thread that would get everybody mad though?.........call me crazy but that's just what i think.

Crazy,your the only one that had the cohonas to post the problems,but your wrong about me wanting to start trouble.I was just wondering what the problem was and why noone ever wants to talk about it.Alabama and Pensicola have the same rules as HMP and is the same drive(distance wise) for me as Kyle,SAS or CC so it really don't matter to me what they decide to do other than the fact I don't want to see asphalt racing go by the wayside in Texas.United we stand,divided we fall is the way I see it.

Go back through the posts using the search function and look for threads with TTOPA in them and you will see that there was a serious effort made a couple of years ago to get the tracks to work together.

Nick

Thanks for the information,I read through some of the posts and you are right Nick an effort was made.Looks like in the end everyone agreed to disagree and dropped it.I guess asphalt racing in Texas will have to hit bottom before everyone realizes that common rules are good for all tracks.Dirts answere was the I.M.C.A.You can race those cars anywhere in the country.(how cool is that). B)

Go back through the posts using the search function and look for threads with TTOPA in them and you will see that there was a serious effort made a couple of years ago to get the tracks to work together.

Nick

Thanks for the information,I read through some of the posts and you are right Nick an effort was made.Looks like in the end everyone agreed to disagree and dropped it.I guess asphalt racing in Texas will have to hit bottom before everyone realizes that common rules are good for all tracks.Dirts answere was the I.M.C.A.You can race those cars anywhere in the country.(how cool is that). B)

I think that all of the tracks, fans, and racers have the same strategic goals(Improve car and fan counts). But the tactical steps is where the breakdown is. There are also legitimate reasons why a track may not want to change their rules and Why certain racers don't want to change their cars. I might be making an assumption here, but it seems that HMP has the only consistent car count in Latemodels. If that's the case why should they change their rules to allow others at the potential harm of their own business. Oftentimes what we consider hitting bottom is merely when everybody's priorities become aligned.

Hey there's a thought... TSRS at SAS would probably be a cool thing to watch since they havent run down here... :)

I mean Dickerson can't expect to be able to run his series up there without letting Maryanne's series run down here can he???? What ever happened to the world of compromise and forgiveness????

I'd like to clear up a few of the comments and questions on this board about the tracks working together.

Rick and I made a road tour during November to visit all of the neighboring tracks, including Thunder Hill Raceway, Houston Motorsports Park and Corpus Christi Speedway. The staff at each of these tracks was very cooperative with us and willing to listen to our offers for the USRA series, etc.

We're still negotiating on dates and shoring up the rules, e.g., running the USRA Modifieds with HMP Modifieds, etc. We also talked about running TSRS at SAS again.

Although the details are not finalized yet, we are trying to work together. We've been somewhat low-key about these meetings and we don't really want to post anything yet because all of the deals have not be signed yet . . . but we are all trying to make it work.

Ok.. .$02 worth....

Even though its the off season there are many things going on at all the tracks.... I don't run THR..or SAS or a series.. i only parterner with THR and RCQMA...

I haven't had a off season yet... I have spent a bunch of time working deals, and planning for next year...

and still trying to close out this year with the banquet....

I just wish people would be more appreciative than degrading some times... You may not see it.. but Mary Ann, Brian, The Bakers, Rick, and Debbie.. are working their tails off .... you may not see or hear it... but trust me... THEY ARE...

Building up is way better than Breaking them down to get your way.... If you want to have a say in how things happen.. i challenge many of you to get involved... There is plenty of work to go around..

this thread seems to be full of tension. So let me see if I can help make it worse.

Exactly whose benefit are the tracks working for?

No insults or accusations intended. I am just curious.

The information that comes out about series and schedules, rules and such dont give me the Idea that its for the racers racing. However i am known to be a little slow at times and dont mind admitting im wrong.

A few years back I raced at a place where if you wanted to race, you could, if you had a car, it could compete, if you cheated, you got sent home, if there was a problem, the promoter listened to you and did what he could to fix it. And at the end of the night we all sat around the pits talking to one another, drinking, laughing, and having a good time. Usually trying to figure out how to beat the guys next week. That was racing. Anyone remember times like that?

JMO but that would be a sight I would love to be apart of again.

Yes i remember those times like it was this year 06 sitting around bs'ing and drinking and such. the tracks are working for our benifit as well as trying to make it themselves. Dont think for a minute that if they shut them down that thier wallets wont start getting fatter again.I bet TD, MA, GB, and most all the rest of the track and series owners come out of thier pocket every year in some sort of fashion. I would be curious to know how much a track profits or looses

Compare the rules,I think the only difference now is the wheel size and the tires. SAS tried to have the same rules a couple of years ago,but it did not increase their car count,the TSRS guys only came and ran when TSRS was scheduled with maybe a couple of exceptions.Now with the NASCAR situation out of the way what would be the chances of SAS and TSRS working together since THR doesn't run every weekend,maybe they could alternate out with the trucks and mods one time and the TSRS type cars the next,to keep the variety going.

Archived