Swap Meet at San Antonio Speedway

debwill

We're planning to have a Swap Meet at San Antonio Speedway on Saturday, January 27, 2007 . . . so mark your calendars.

The gates will open from 7:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. for vendor admission. We welcome any vendor, driver, etc., to set up at the swap meet to sell and swap their goods - anything from jewelry to carburetors! The cost will be $25 to set up an area to sell your stuff.

The gates will be open for the general public from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. We'll have free admission for the shoppers.

We plan to have food and drink available for purchase during the swap meet. More details will be posted soon. We'll also have some flyers and posters available soon if you want to help us spread the word.

Although we had several requests for a SAS swap meet, we've seen little (no) response to this post.

Does anyone plan to participate in the swap meet? We want to make sure we have some local racer interest before promoting this event any further.

We are open to any suggestions, etc., to making this swap meet a worthwhile venture.

Deb

The only problem I see is that it is 1 week after the JRA swap meet at THR. Maybe we can buy at that one, then mark it up and sell at SAS, or maybe you should consider another date. Marion is also having one in Jan. Of course there may be enough buyers and sellers to support 3 (does this sound like the argument about pros and cons of multiple competing touring series?).

The swap meet is a great idea. It is the same day as the SA Rodeo BBQ cook off @ the Verizon, but it wouldn't be impossible to go to both. Wish I could, but I haveta cook some R I B S mmm mmm good :)

In response to a couple of posts regarding the Swap Meet . . .

We tried to enter the China Grove Swap Meet last year. We had made arrangements to show a couple of cars, and Aramendia Motorsports towed their two Late Models out to the meet. It was so crowded with displays and shoppers we were unable to get through the parking lot to drop off the cars. I saw that the land used for the swap meet is now for sale, so I'm not sure if they'll be doing it again this year . . . and not so sure we even want to try to participate with the huge crowds in a limited area.

Although we knew about the BBQ cookoff, we hoped that it wouldn't interfere too much. We were just trying to fit it in before the start of the practice sessions and the racing season. Some of my relatives are involved with the cookoff, and I plan to head out to the Verizon after the Swap Meet. I know they won an award for their ribs last year, so watch out flying aces and Lonesome!

And thanks for the website tip, fast18 . . . I'll post something soon.

In response to a couple of posts regarding the Swap Meet . . .

We tried to enter the China Grove Swap Meet last year. We had made arrangements to show a couple of cars, and Aramendia Motorsports towed their two Late Models out to the meet. It was so crowded with displays and shoppers we were unable to get through the parking lot to drop off the cars. I saw that the land used for the swap meet is now for sale, so I'm not sure if they'll be doing it again this year . . . and not so sure we even want to try to participate with the huge crowds in a limited area.

Although we knew about the BBQ cookoff, we hoped that it wouldn't interfere too much. We were just trying to fit it in before the start of the practice sessions and the racing season. Some of my relatives are involved with the cookoff, and I plan to head out to the Verizon after the Swap Meet. I know they won an award for their ribs last year, so watch out flying aces and Lonesome!

And thanks for the website tip, fast18 . . . I'll post something soon.

DEB,

The China Grove swapmeet was usually held in September, right around the start of dove season.Last i heard they would not be having them anymore due to the sell of the land and wasnt sure if they could find another spot to hold it. thats when i suggested the track. China Grove was a good swapmeet and grew every year, so it would be nice to some one keep it going. years ago i remember there was a swapmeet at sas. it did pretty good, they had a car show and a radiostation come out.

We will be atthe BBQ cook off from Thursday on. If any one would like to come by we will be at the STERICYCLE WHOLE BODY COOKERS TENT Saturday night NICK NICK LAWERNCE will be playing from 8 til 12 so come on by and grag a plate and a beer.

not to brag but we have placed well every year so look out lonesome and deb :D

Archived