Norm Walker-prayers needed!

Mary Ann

I just received a very sad call from a well known racer that many of you know and have raced with, I even drove his racecar on several times, I am speaking of Wayne Walker, in the car #19. He races dirt now, in a modified, his dad, whom many of you will remember as well, Norm Walker, was diagnosed with cancer in September and his not doing very well at all. Norm is such a proud and as Wayne said, hardheaded man, he has decided to stop the treatments that seem to only be making him worse. Wayne said the doctors say he is in the last stages. He, Wayne, Sue, Wayne's wife and Norm's fiancee, Karen really need our prayers. Hopefully with all these prayers, he can prove the doctors wrong.

Let me share this about Norm, first off, you never saw his son, Wayne race a race without his dad right there with him, Norm is one of those guys that has done so much for racing at Thunder Hill for several years, never saw him without a smile on his face, a friendly hand shake or a big hug. When I was GM @ THR several years back, it was Norm that did so much for me behind the scenes, never wanted any recognition, a simple thank you was more than enough for him. You couldn't meet a more genuine person, Norm, we love you and are sending our prayers for you to be as comfortable as possible. Thank you for being my friend and helping me with projects with racing on so many occasions. God Bless you and your very special family.

norm is a great man.............even if me and wayne got in a tangle he was always genuine with me.

.....and like you said mary ann , you wouldn't see wayne without his dad close by.

i wish for the best , and am very glad to know him and wayne.........two great guys.

- shawn paul

Archived