Texas Racing

SeanAugustus

I understand what ur saying shawn. All that i am saying is sitting at a computer desk complaining on this website is not going to solve the issues that texas racing is facing.(italics mine) Getting out there and doing what has to be done is what will help the racing. If its sponsorship go knock on doors ect. ect.

I agree with that part of your statement. But keep this in mind. There are only a few people who have the ability to make the changes that are necessary, if they are smart they would be looking at these posts and trying to gather some info and make some changes. I am not saying listen to everything everyone on here says and try to please everyone. But think about it, You have got hundreds of racers and even more fans on this site who are telling you what they want or need to make racing worth their while. A person could wade through this stuff, find some common ground and improve racing. I quit going to the track because it costs me over 40 bucks on a regular night to watch a total 6-9 short races with12-14 cars if I'm lucky in the highest car count class. Then I get home late and feel like I should've just gone to the movies. The reason there are only 12-14 cars or less is because the racing environment isn't worth a lot of these guys' time and effort or money. So yes, racers and fans should be on here with open and honest discussion. Promoters, Track owners, racers, should all be listening to it, not necessarily acting on it, but considering it. If I seemed to be attacking you or marginalizing your opinion earlier, I apologize, that wasn't my intent. I'm not questioning your love of the sport or your right to voice your opinion. I just mean that when you do it in the manner you did, whether you intended to or not, you placed yourself and your opinion in a position superior to others, who have a greater, longer, and deeper commitment to the subject than you do. You also implied that you have more character than anyone else because you will say what others won't. That offended a lot of people and rightfully so.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TD,

i know from the meetings i went to that FASCAR does have it's place here in SA and other cities if people will see it for what it is.

Folks, there is an opportunity to bring fans closer to racing at the local tracks. I don't know the obsticles that FASCAR faced and to be quite honest(please not trying to be rude here) they need to be a part of racing at SAS and other tracks, but lets let the past be just that.... This is on a downhill spirl and a crash is in the future....

We have a truck that is ready to show.... We have three appearances after the first of the year, one of these is to be in the inner-city here in San Antonio... I would love to have FASCAR there to talk to people about how to be involved....

Mark

exaaactly...........damn johnny , you should run for office. you have a way of expressing other peoples thoughts.

Interesting comments from several people I know quite well!

My only disagreement with Sean's post is that he should have titled it with the word "pavement" in it.

All the dirt racers I know come with ways to MAKE the next race, not excuses why NOT to race. This I've said before on here and to many people.

I guess since I no longer own/drive a car/truck that invalidates my opinion too? I've only been "involved" in racing(in one form or another) for 37 years. I've seen the trends and this one disturbs me.

Racing is an expensive hobby, unless you make the big time you're NOT going make money from it.

Track owners/promoters MUST make money in order to keep the gates open. True, it doesn't need to be made off the back gate.

No one is ever going to be happy about all the rules, calls, etc.

There will ALWAYS be disagreements between owners/promoters and racers.

Unless EVERYBODY works together, pavement racing/tracks will fade away!

These are FACTS in racing that will never change!!!

OK, go ahead and tear my head off too!

JM, you do alot for local racing and probably understand more about whats going on then alot of us racers. SO your opinion rather positive or negative is validated(sometimes :P )....Theres alot of cars parked because of rules not because their making excuses NOT to race. I'm mainly talking about the SLMs.... If this outlaw race happens I think youll see a good turn out of teams. Teams that want to race but the series basically kicked them out because of all the rule changes.

Mark, that truck your showing needs a driver Jan 20th in Houston, doesnt it?

Sean,

I think more racers have taken your advise than you think. I believe it was something like 'Quit whining. Either race or park it'. I think you'll find most of us decided to "park it" when our complaints/opinions/whining (however you want to label it) was met with worst than negative responses.

Your opinion had only 2 choices. I see a 3rd. Change it.

so how about a little hair cut instead

Well I've considered that. How about this......I'll get a hair cut at a track next year and give it to cancer patients, if everyone pledges some money(per inch cut off) to one(or more) of the racing families in need?

how about a Mohawk

I think I'll pass on that style!! Unless I can dye it magenta to match my car. LMAO

Theres alot of cars parked because of rules not because their making excuses

Shane, I was, for the most part, refering to the race in Corpus a couple years ago. Owen came up with a good set of rules/purse to include everyone......15 car showed up, some of which were pulled, literally, out of the weeds and barns. People had excuses from acne to turf toe.(SARCASM)

Rules are always going to change, sometimes for the good, sometimes not. That doesn't mean these cars were "kicked out". Someone felt it was time for a change, numbers seemed to be declining before the rules changed. I understand fully it takes money to make these changes, that some teams don't have. I didn't feel that changing rules mid-year was a good idea, but it wasn't my call to make either. Hey I'm the probably the biggest person to NOT accept change well! LOL

BUT.......instead of getting on here and voicing ones "opinion" in a negative manner why not call Rick Day, express (everyones) concerns or better yet come up with a viable solution that would make these(parked) cars competitive. Weight, Percentage, whatever. That would be more constructive than some of things that get said on here, correct? Could this be done? I cover so much that trying to keep up will all the track/class/series rules would be impossible for me and I've been out of the driving/crew side of racing for a while.

IMCA makes changes and guys will get on the dirt forums and bitch, but you what......they'll make the changes and race on!

Conflicts of interest need to be put aside for 2007(call it a New Years resolution) whether between racers/tracks or tracks/tracks. PERIOD!

J.

youve made some great points...

I'm putting this one to rest... Today has to much meaning in it.....

If it's still going tomorrow I may join back in....

God Bless Everyone and Merry Christmas.....

Merry Christmas. I hope everybody gets the rule they want for Christmas :)

JM, if alot of cars turn out for the outlaw race do you think some people might take note?(that can make the difference)...... I'd like to run this particluar race but if they do some of the things I wont because of cost. Rookie49 means well and has alot of good ideas but may not understand by putting a cost limit on shocks leaves teams such as mine out. Im not gonna spend $275 a shock to replace the shocks I have because mine cost to much(4 1 race)...... People are going to get mad, its an intense sport(expensive too)..... BUT I think it will eventually get better and the tracks WILL make another attempt in working together.

JM, if alot of cars turn out for the outlaw race do you think some people might take note?(that can make the difference)...... I'd like to run this particluar race but if they do some of the things I wont because of cost. Rookie49 means well and has alot of good ideas but may not understand by putting a cost limit on shocks leaves teams such as mine out. Im not gonna spend $275 a shock to replace the shocks I have because mine cost to much(4 1 race)...... People are going to get mad, its an intense sport(expensive too)..... BUT I think it will eventually get better and the tracks WILL make another attempt in working together.

I think on the shock suggestion you are probably right. After thinking about it, I think that that is more something that would work on a class basis, and maybe series but not for a one or two-shot outlaw type race.

Im sure everyone has heard the saying Lead-Follow or get the hell out of the way. Well Ive been noticing alot of whining going on about this and about that. BLAH BLAH BLAH Well here it is POINT BLANK You either RACE IT or PARK it or SHUT THE HELL UP. Ive seen more gripping on here than u see from an infant. If u dont like whats going on the find something else to do Go GOLFING or Whaterver else people do.

Now Im just putting it out there so punt intended on any certain individual but if the shoe fits WEAR IT. Yall might be offended about my post but There are plenty of others thinking it Im just man enough to say it without hiding behind a screen name.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

Sean Augustus AKA Red

GOOD POINT :D BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR A BUNCH OF WHINES AN CRIES WHAT TILL OCTOBERFAST 07 ROLLS AROUND. EVERY YEAR PEOPLE FROM OUTSIDE TRACKS CRY, CRY CRY ABOUT HOW UNFAIR IT IS. JUST SHUT UP AND RACE

..............and then after the outside tracks help support octoberfast , you guys run and hide tail when its time to repay the favor and show up to thr or c.c. (or hmp this past year w/ s.s.). i guess avoiding an a-- whooping is smarter than taking one.

..............and then after the outside tracks help support octoberfast , you guys run and hide tail when its time to repay the favor and show up to thr or c.c. (or hmp this past year w/ s.s.). i guess avoiding an a-- whooping is smarter than taking one.
you said it . if im correct crazy was it your nova at cc .i think it was white and number 5 on it .

one of the few cars that has came down to cc in a while .dont see much of the sas cars here .but i do see cc and kyle cars at sas so whats up with that . now that someone said cry cry cry .

woohoo! I wanna jump in :lol: LOL...

isn't the term "outlaw" related to "illegal" or a person who does illegal things? The only rules needed here are the uptmost limits to the rules. I dunno how many cars will show up if you sit down and write a whole other set of rules for SLMs which accomodate about 1/2 of them anyhow. <shrug> The idea of getting more cars to show up for an "outlaw event" is to allow similar cars w/ different rules compete against each other in the same race. Everyone should disclose their equipment on their entry form (which should be mailed 3 months aghead of time). If you are lucky enough to make it to the tech pad, when teched you should have exactly what you disclosed on your entry form or you're disqualified.

example rules:

cid can be no more than ____________

wheels can be no wider than ___________

tires can be no wider than _______________

roof height can be no lower than_____________

spoiler angle can be no less than __________

etc etc etc JMO but outlaw should mean outlaw in an outlaw event...don't ya think?

Seems reasonable.

Limiting shock prices sounds like a really good idea,only thing is teams will just go buy a whole bunch of the cheaper non-adjustable shocks (all with different factory settings) and it will end up costing more than one set of good click adjustable shocks.

Hadn't thought of that side. But that's exactly why people should get on here and WHINE. One person whines, the next person throws out a bunch of ideas, someone beats down several of those, somebody else throws out a response and some new thoughts. The next thing you know VOILA a solution is born. Or you could just shut up and park it and the problem would be solved too. :D

First of all I only scanned the post and did not read every word because it is to dang long. You people should be working on your race cars. I do have to agree with Sean on some points. Asphalt racers (as Reb pointed out) are more about whining and throwing temper tantrum because they can't get some stupid rule changed (like the all involved rule). If you have a problem, talk to the promoter/director. If it gets changed great, if not, adapt and go on. It is not that big of a deal. Rules change all the time, always have and always will. Should they be more consistant? Yes, but they are not so I just live with it. Alot of latemodels are suposedly sitting due to the ABC body rule, I understand why, but have these drivers called there promoter about it? I feel many times people do or SAY they are going to quit over a rule just to try and prove a point. I was once dead set against the crate motors, but I seen that was going to be the future so I switched. Now I can see that the promoters that originally introduced the idea around here (I think Terry Barden) were right. Somtimes the racer can not see the forrest for the trees. We only think about the next race, were the series has to think several years down the road.

Bandit I agree with you xcept the rules change thing. I dont see how rules changing make people park there stuff unless like you said to prove a point. if thats the case point proven no more slm"s and your stuff is worth even less now. So that brings up if no rules were changed would it have been different? I dont think so.

Question one ...What does every one have in there cars that keeps them from racen .

QUESTION 2.. Are they so far apart that it cant be fixed with some small adjustments .

Question 3...What would it take to get your car on the track .

POSIBLE Answer . make a list of what you would like to change.

PROBAbiILiTY . Some AnswerS .A CLASS IS BORN . A TRACK THAT TAKES THE LIST AND RUNS WITH IT .

ALL CHANGES COST MONEY .MAY IT BE ADDING OR TAKEING SOMETHING FROM A CAR .

OUTCOME . HAPPYNESS MAYBE .I KNOW IM DREAMING AGAIN .SO WAKE ME UP WHEN ITS OVER .

Shawn Paul,

we brought the #27 SAS Sportsman up in 2005, we tested and with the #99 teams help got the car to turn... if the rain would have held out we would have raced.

I CAN PROMISE YOU THERE WOULDN'T OF BEEN ANY ASS WHOOPIN'!!!! MORE LIKE TAKING NAMES.... Oh and we made CC in 2005, after fighting all day and about $300 later we found a bad pickup coil. We qualified middle of the pack on bad pickup coil and became meat in the sandwich on the first lap...

I know you werent singling us out, just pointing out that some teams do notice when others support SAS...

PEACE....

This post should be more of South Texas racing.Asphalt can never seem to find a set of rules that works and leave them alone long enough to build a car count up in any class,or they start a class and do nothing to encourage its growth and within 2 years drop that class.or change tires every couple of years.Dirt does have its problems,but it doesn't seem to be near what asphalt is having,at least with IMCA you can run coast to coast on the same type tire in the modifieds,asphalt late models have never been able to do this even in NASCAR weekly series,much less type of car.

Archived