Texas Racing

SeanAugustus

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize to the people I offened with this post that wasnt my intention. The truth of the matter is people get on here and "voice thier Opinion" aka complain about certain issues and threaten to park their cars and not race; but when its all said and done they are at the back gate registering just like everyone else wheather the issues been resolved or is the same. Dont st it here and beat a dead horse, say what u got to say and move on.

For the people that think they can get on here and say that I havent spent the time or the $ to have an opinion need to get off the crack pipe. I guess yall think that it is free to move around the country. And it doesnt take time to move then let me have them dorthy heels u got. Ive spent more this year in racing than some spend in multiple seasons.

The site was designed to be a place for tracks, series, fans, drivers, team members, officials and interested parties to get the latest local stock car information, to discuss issues that impact the local racing community and to share constructive ideas with the rest of the Texas stock car racing community.

Maybe some people come off the wrong way, but aint that what TXSZ is here for.

sean , i'm not saying you have'nt spend time and money , i personally don't care and it is none of my business.................i'm saying even if you have it damn sure does not give you the right to judge other people.

-if the truck series folds will you be stuck with a very exspensive paper weight? i will.

-if slm racing goes extinct in our region are you gonna be left with financial decision? others will.

GET MY POINT! we have valid reasons to be concearned , and then you label us.

at the end of the day , if they shut up shop, you go home and look for someone else to work for while we try to keep our mouths off the exhaust pipe..................and to you we are whining.

-ps . it shocked me to see this thread started by you.

I understand what ur saying shawn. All that i am saying is sitting at a computer desk complaining on this website is not going to solve the issues that texas racing is facing. Getting out there and doing what has to be done is what will help the racing. If its sponsorship go knock on doors ect. ect.

U said that I didnt offer any solutions in my replies well here is a no brainer for ya. This is in regards to the SLMS not running this season.

Track owners say that its costing them to much money to run the SLM 's at their respective tracks so they dont want to deal with them. Solution instead of running the SLM every weekend or every other weekend select a certain amount of races wether it be 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 for the whole season and have them run each track 1 time. make them special events charge a little more,Up the purses a little bit and everyone will be happy. Basically like when BGNW comes to town. That allows the cars to not become paper waits; the track owners not to go broke by scheduling them and the fans to still get to see the cars in action. U know I thought I seen a fan say on here somewhere that he was going to take his money elswhere do to the SLMS not running. Now thats not going to help the racing series.

Racing is a business like anything else and in order for the business to work everyone has to work together and it involves alot of give and take. in the case of the SLMS everyone becomes the losers.

The man made his feelings known i agree that is what txspz is .aboult.

I had some fun with his post i took it lightly and some dont .

I for one have made statements and said things that could be contrived as being a smartass and attacking . dumb and stupid . all the above . and i admit it to . for the most part we get out what we want to say . until nick get s to clear it off lol . the bottom dallor is we learn something from or aboult someone or something on here .how much time and money spent in raceing should have no bearing on what someone has a right to say . fans are welcomed to texas speed zone also do we say that to them.you havent spent enough time and money so keep you trap shut . that wouldnt be right .

THE reason i take it lightly is we have a real life outside that has all the seriousness that we have to live everyday .

There are how many people registered as members on this forum?

How few people actually post on here in relation to that number?

Only a couple of fans I know from the speedway actually post on here.

There are alot of those fans that at least read this forum...usually in dismay.

I've been trying to tell them about posting their views on here.

Nick I know this might sound like I'm bashing the forum but it has to be said.....this thread is exactly why the fans are dwindling.Even us old diehards.

The stuff on this thread shows us fans how much we don't matter.

This thread shows us fans that our opinion means nothing.

If Sean did'nt even have the credentials he does,does it mean his,like mine,opinion means even less?

Racers/owners/promotors/series directors/and press......I've said this was too many times on here....STOP FORGETTING ABOUT THE FANS...or your play grounds will get bulldozed and you will have to switch hobbies.

Build those expensive adrenaline rushing toys and come out and play and have fun.

If enough of you guys come out to the track,the fans will return,just through word of mouth.

Get over it....everyone...go have fun.....CYA at the races....that will be my Christmas wish this year.

Thank you oldtimer,you snuck that post in before I could finish mine.It's good to see one person has open eyes.

GOD !!!!!!!!!i'm blue in the face...........nick where is the clickable icon of me talking to a wall?

WAKE UP! rookie49 is a die hard fan , nobody said you don't have a right to post an opinion turbo , but to call the drivers names for voicing theirs? ARE YOU GETTING WHAT MAKES THIS THREAD BAD!.....he didn't voice an opinion on a matter of situation , he called people voicing theirs names.

I'M GONNA START A THREAD ON MY OPINION OF WHAT I THINK OF PINHEADS THAT TELL ME WHAT TO WITH MY STUFF, CALL ME NAMES , THEN GET OFFENDED WHEN I TELL THEM I DISAGREE!

WHAT IS KILLING THE SPORT? JOHNNY COME LATLEYS AND NEW COMER KNOW IT ALLS THAT THINK THEY HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS.....................AND THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP THIS TOPIC........

Racers/owners/promotors/series directors/and press......I've said this was too many times on here....STOP FORGETTING ABOUT THE FANS...or your play grounds will get bulldozed and you will have to switch hobbies.

Build those expensive adrenaline rushing toys and come out and play and have fun.

If enough of you guys come out to the track,the fans will return,just through word of mouth.

TD, I agree, but.... 2 points to consider:

1. IF I build it, and the track won't schedule a race, what do I do with it? I have an SLM, where am I gonna race it if no track in Texas schedules a race? Should a group of us SLM's just show up at a track and demand to race? Maybe unload our cars in the parking lot and picket?

2. I know the tracks are in business to make money and I remember "in the old days" the tracks had "promoters" who were continually looking for ways to "put butts on boards" as one rather infamous promoter at Meyer's put it. SLM's, occasionally trucks, and big events are the only promotions I ever see (and they aren't much.) So why is it the local races aren't promoted? Word of mouth by racers (and fans) is great, but promoters reach a much larger audience.

" my eyes open comes with age . "

Yup. I FINALLY got old enough to realize that I didn't know everything about everything ! HA.

People can assign any level of credibility they please to someone's expressed opinion. Some people assign more credibility to folks with greater "equity" (experience, investment or both). Some folks expect equal credibility regardless of their ante. Who knows? A good idea can come from anywhere, can't it?

just my opinion...Lunch break is over and it's back to work for me...Merry Christmas, everyone.

Jay

Here we go again... (and yes I love visual illustrations)

I know it takes both party's to have a willingness to do this thing we call racing... I said earlier in this thread that Sean and I are good friends. I also commented that Sean has said the very thing to me and way before he posted this thread. It's one thing to have no involvement, it is something totaly different to have involvement. But to say that people don't have a right to express is ridiculous....

Now, for those of us who know Sean know that he does(not) say much bad. If he says anything you can know it is well thought out. The observation that I make is Sean is saying, racers, track owners/promotors & fans quit griping about one another and "Lets Race"

One last thing.... I have a lot of respect for Shawn Paul, We have never sat down and had dinner or talked over a drink. After what happened at SAS in the truck race and Shawn Paul sat out for a few races, They came back and raced. I say they, because his team came back also.... This thing is about team work... Drivers, tracks, fans and media.....

CAN'T WE JUST WORK TOGETHER?

Shawn Paul here is your head banger...

Here is my two cents. People are allowed to express their feelings an opinions on here/ That is why there is a moderator. Like old timer and manyh other people has said that communication is the key. This forum is open to all wether it be mechanics, driver, crews, racers, wives, promoters, girlfriends etc. I believe everybody who is on here in one way or another contribute to the sport that we love and will continue to support no matter what. If somoeone has an issue with a certain series it should not take days or weeks to get a response from the official partys.. I believe if the SLM series were not put on the schedule then whover is responsible for that series should get on here and answer to the question. All of the B.S. happens when a thread starts out by hey I heard this or that. Those threads are fine and should be on here because it will allow a certain promoter or Owner to get on here and squash it. There are lots of good threads on here which need to be here. Another way to squash things is pickup that that little thing that sits in you house. You know that little thing that makes a noice and then you can pick it up and you heare a voice on the other end. That's right people, thta is called a telephone. Call the owner, track, promoter, racer mechanic. Come on know it's almost christmas. So from me and my family I wish EVRYONE to have a safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Interesting comments from several people I know quite well!

My only disagreement with Sean's post is that he should have titled it with the word "pavement" in it.

All the dirt racers I know come with ways to MAKE the next race, not excuses why NOT to race. This I've said before on here and to many people.

I guess since I no longer own/drive a car/truck that invalidates my opinion too? I've only been "involved" in racing(in one form or another) for 37 years. I've seen the trends and this one disturbs me.

Racing is an expensive hobby, unless you make the big time you're NOT going make money from it.

Track owners/promoters MUST make money in order to keep the gates open. True, it doesn't need to be made off the back gate.

No one is ever going to be happy about all the rules, calls, etc.

There will ALWAYS be disagreements between owners/promoters and racers.

Unless EVERYBODY works together, pavement racing/tracks will fade away!

These are FACTS in racing that will never change!!!

OK, go ahead and tear my head off too!

Latemodel,

you have made a great observation. I think that in many instances people have either picked up the phone or tried to talk face to face with people in the past and there was no resolution.

this is where i say, "let the past be the past" period.... i have pm's and recorded calls from people who have called and reemed my rear for saying things on here. in the same way i was entitled to my opinion, they were entitled to theirs.

that being said.... lets move on.....

Thank you for your wisdom Rebel.Very well stated.

My posts on the subject come from an outsider looking at the entertainment he's loved all of his life going by the wayside.As a spectator it is frustrating to see it and not truely be able to stop it.I was one of the founding members of FASCAR.That group has nothing but GOOD intentions and has on numorous occasions run up against a brick wall.I know dealing with promotors can be difficult sometimes.I sat and watched Mrs. Newton pull her hair out trying to make things happen.

All we need to do is start turning the tide on the negativity and work past it.Like Rebel said,there will always be problems and conflicts,but try to overcome those and make asphalt racing work.

All the spectators see right now is alot of head butting.

And it has us worried that all we will ever see of this sport is what is on the tv.

Try.

Archived